Premed 101 Forums

Rankings for Pre-Interview Refusals?

jojofam

Regarding those who were refused pre-interview, are we allowed to email them to request our ranking this week since the decisions have come out?

Or must we wait until they have closed the waitlist, etc?

Thanks!

Also, congrats to everyone who got accepted today :)

Just now, Al22 said:

I requested them forever ago and sent them a reminder also quite long ago, still waiting... I got the ranking for dent pretty fast but not med.

I know the website stipulates that we can request the rankings once the application cycle has closed but I'm not sure if that means when decisions come out (i.e. today) or after the waitlist has closed. 

It's certainly discouraging that you still didn't hear back yet! :(

1 minute ago, jojofam said:

I know the website stipulates that we can request the rankings once the application cycle has closed but I'm not sure if that means when decisions come out (i.e. today) or after the waitlist has closed. 

It's certainly discouraging that you still didn't hear back yet! :(

They didn't say when they would give me ranking, here are the answers to my 2 requests (lol) :

february 1st : «Thank you.  I have sent your request forward for your ranking.  You will receive a response under separate cover once it has been processed.»

march 1st :«We have already received your request and I have sent it forward.  Once it is processed you will receive a response.  Thank you for your patience.»

so yeah i'm not writing again x)

1 minute ago, Al22 said:

They didn't say when they would give me ranking, here are the answers to my 2 requests (lol) :

february 1st : «Thank you.  I have sent your request forward for your ranking.  You will receive a response under separate cover once it has been processed.»

march 1st :«We have already received your request and I have sent it forward.  Once it is processed you will receive a response.  Thank you for your patience.»

Sorry to hear about it :( Maybe they'll receive all the rankings at the same time (ie after cycle has closed)?

5 minutes ago, Al22 said:

Oh, man. I hope you'll find out soon! :/ 

4 minutes ago, Readyforthis2018 said:

Any idea whether it will be possible to receive feedback re: reason for refusal? Pretty bummed about it :( 

From what I have heard, you can make an appointment to discuss your application however, I am not sure how much "detail" they can divulge to you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 10:18 PM, Comprehensible said:

It's just the opposite of what I expected.

Same - I was in the early 100s.

Just got my results and same here! Kinda surprising- I think they might’ve really took “recommended” courses seriously (I was missing physiology) and maybe weighed different majors differently. 

2 hours ago, vellichor said:

Just got my results and same here! Kinda surprising- I think they might’ve really took “recommended” courses seriously (I was missing physiology) and maybe weighed different majors differently. 

I believe that as of this year there was an "academic context" subjectivity which was added, so that might have swayed you one way or another. Might be worthwhile to email them and investigate to know where you might improve for following applications (which might not be the case as I see you have received an acceptance - Congrats!)

Archived