Premed 101 Forums

Transcript Verification by Dalhousie

Hi Everyone,

I am an out of province student. So far, I've completed the Section 1 online application and I am awaiting access to Section 2. I hope to pay for the fee sometime in August. 

Does anyone know how to verify whether Dalhousie received your transcript or not? My university processed my transcript order for courier on July 26th, 2018. I can't seem to find any indication on the Dalhousie website portal regarding the processing of my transcript. 

Hi premed_67

So this is what is says on the "Application Summary" page (refer to the attachment). It doesn't indicate anywhere regarding "requirements".

Also, when you go to your application summary and press the "help" button on the top right, does it say that the application is both complete and processed? Do you have to pay for the application to be processed (I would think not, no)? Currently, it says on my app that it is complete, but not processed (when I press the help button). 

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 12.41.08 AM.png

I think that will update once they have processed your application, since you mentioned you don't have access to Step 2 yet. That should take about 5-7 business days after you submit Step 1. You don't need to have paid the fee for your application to be processed, but keep in mind July 31 is the last day to pay online. After that, you'll have to pay in-person or by phone.

https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/admissions/application-process.html 

Hey I'm at OOP as well - as His_Love mentioned, if you go onto that page in the screenshot, I see on my application at the bottom of the page, there are the list of schools that you went to, plus a column for "Date received", all my transcripts have been marked as received with the date that it was received on. 

If yours aren't marked as received yet as of today definitely get in touch with admissions asap! 

On 7/29/2018 at 1:45 AM, His_Love said:

Hi premed_67

So this is what is says on the "Application Summary" page (refer to the attachment). It doesn't indicate anywhere regarding "requirements".

Also, when you go to your application summary and press the "help" button on the top right, does it say that the application is both complete and processed? Do you have to pay for the application to be processed (I would think not, no)? Currently, it says on my app that it is complete, but not processed (when I press the help button). 

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 12.41.08 AM.png

Hi @His_Love, I'm so sorry I just saw this! I'm a Dal student so I didn't realize that it would look so different.. I realize it's too late to get a hold of admission now, but did you contact them to figure it out? Did you check the bottom of the page like @MDancer said to see if they were recived?

With regards to the payment, I also have a column indicated the date it was received. I tried clicking the help button and it does indicate that the application was processed. So if you paid, it should be processed (within 5-7 business days). If you still haven't paid, don't worry because you can still do it by phone after July 31st. 

Archived