Premed 101 Forums

courses on transcript

does western take a look at the courses tat you have taken? I finished my first degree in bio, and I am trying to do my second degree in Psychology, and am taking certain courses from BIO and a minor Health Sciences. Does western look at your transcript and question your choice of courses? as in why are you taking courses in Psych, Bio and Health Sciences? I do have answers if they ask, but does it stand out as negative? 

3 minutes ago, infinity101 said:

does western take a look at the courses tat you have taken? I finished my first degree in bio, and I am trying to do my second degree in Psychology, and am taking certain courses from BIO and a minor Health Sciences. Does western look at your transcript and question your choice of courses? as in why are you taking courses in Psych, Bio and Health Sciences? I do have answers if they ask, but does it stand out as negative? 

No they do not

and they are really trying to be clear about their rules

They don't care about the degree you are taking, they only care about meeting GPA cutoffs and having courses at the right academic level. 

They have people in their classes with widely different backgrounds. One guy in my year had a degree in ancient languages. Another was music, fine arts....Who cares? One of my set of degrees is psych and economics (which is an arts degree but really that doesn't mean it is easy  - I have a biomedical degree as well so I can compare them ha).  This idea that a hard science degree is required or even all that useful often is overblown. 

The only way this can hurt you is if you somehow think it will, and thus hurt yourself - self sabotage. Don't do that. (since you are taking psychology it is probably some type of stereotype effect causing additional cognitive load) 

A computer will figure out your GPA, and the interviewers don't know what degree/classes you took :)

Archived