Premed 101 Forums

Is it worth it for me to apply to UBC for OT?

On 10/9/2018 at 11:50 PM, mccannjx01 said:

Hey everyone! I've been strategizing where I should apply to this year and I can't decide if it's worth the money to apply to UBC for OT. Averaging all of my 300 and 400 level courses I have an 81.94% (to be exact). What do you think?

What did you use to calculate your average? Last time I calculated mine it was different from the one OUAC generated.

14 hours ago, tm55 said:

What did you use to calculate your average? Last time I calculated mine it was different from the one OUAC generated.

UBC is based on your average, so you just add together your % for all 300 and 400 level courses and then divide by however many. I think this admissions cycle they're looking at your last 15 300 and 400 level courses. ORPAS is a bit more complicated and uses GPA. I've found this website to be really helpful: https://www.whatsmygpa.ca/

• 2 weeks later...

I applied last year and was accepted and they had mentioned to us that to get an interview for our cohort the cutoff was 84%. That being said, the GPA average for interview offers totally depends on the applicant pool. I'd suggest taking a few courses to boost your GPA if your heart is set on UBC. 

Archived