Premed 101 Forums

Low GPA what schools should I aim for?

JR1998

Hello, I'm sorry I am new to this

I do have a low GPA and I am currently in my 3rd year (in Ontario, SWOMEN as well)

1Year is 1.57

2Year is 3.2

3Year is probably going to be 3.7

I am going to take a 5th year to improve my GPA as well as finishing courses for my degree.

I am not too sure what to do, and frankly I am not feeling well about this. If you have any advice or even schools that I can aim to apply? Thank you so much and I hope you have a great holiday!

On 12/23/2018 at 11:01 PM, JR1998 said:

Hello, I'm sorry I am new to this

I do have a low GPA and I am currently in my 3rd year (in Ontario, SWOMEN as well)

1Year is 1.57

2Year is 3.2

3Year is probably going to be 3.7

I am going to take a 5th year to improve my GPA as well as finishing courses for my degree.

I am not too sure what to do, and frankly I am not feeling well about this. If you have any advice or even schools that I can aim to apply? Thank you so much and I hope you have a great holiday!

If you are SWOMEN, try to do well on your 3rd and 4th years, maybe take a 5th year and you will have a good chance at Western. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.. except 

On December 24, 2018 at 9:35 AM, Meridian said:

Your first 2 years a write-offs. If you can do well in 3rd, 4th, (and maybe 5th)  year there are schools that use weighting wGPA that you may be able to interview.   UWO &  Queens as example can still be in the running.   You need to do well on MCAT for both schools.

Does western require a full course load for 3rd and 4th? I had one semester with 4 courses in 3rd and I think that very much screwed up all the chances for me. My 4th and fifth year I would have a full course load with 3.8+ annual gpa

Archived