Premed 101 Forums

LOC proof of enrollment

1 hour ago, patienceisavirtue said:

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone has received a proof of enrolment letter or whether they were able to apply for their LOC without one? Does anyone know when we can expect a proof of enrolment letter to be sent? 

Thanks in advance! 

I think all banks will require proof of enrollment since the offer letter + proof of deposit payment aren't enough.  I think they said they'll provide proof of enrollment once registration opens up in July!

4 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

I think all banks will require proof of enrollment since the offer letter + proof of deposit payment aren't enough.  I think they said they'll provide proof of enrollment once registration opens up in July!

I've heard the acceptance letter is enough

2 hours ago, patienceisavirtue said:

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone has received a proof of enrolment letter or whether they were able to apply for their LOC without one? Does anyone know when we can expect a proof of enrolment letter to be sent? 

Thanks in advance! 

The letter won’t be sent to you - you’ll have to download it from the SSC website (under Grades and Records) yourself. I can’t remember exactly, but think it only becomes available once you are registered for classes.

Edited by frenchpress

2 hours ago, patienceisavirtue said:

Hi all, 

Thanks in advance! 

You have to download it from SSC after you register for courses. It gets generated automatically by the system after you've registered. 

50 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

Ooh cool!  Do you know which bank?  I've spoken with CIBC, RBC, and Scotiabank thus far, and they said they'll need a proof of enrollment letter.

I went with TD. Already approved and released. 

TBH though I think it depends on the advisor. If they have experience with UBC, they'll know that we don't get a proof of enrollment letter until mid-July, unlike some other schools. I didn't have to provide any additional info other than my offer letter email. 

3 hours ago, frenchpress said:

The letter won’t be sent to you - you’ll have to download it from the SSC website (under Grades and Records) yourself. I can’t remember exactly, but think it only becomes available once you are registered for classes.

This is correct.

After you register for your first year courses in July (MEDD 411, 412 and MEDD 419) you will be able to download your Proof of Enrolment letter from the UBC Student Service Centre for 2019W session. This proof of enrollment letter is what banks are usually looking for when you are signing up for a LOC.