Premed 101 Forums

MCAT b/b section minimum

At the same time, if your CARS is high enough for western as a non-SWOMEN, you probably have a decent shot at McMasters. So if you're gonna apply to a school anyway, you might as well take your shot at Western. I banked getting into western on a MCAT score drop and I made it in somehow. If money isn't an issue, take your shot.

True, I also got in off the back of a CARS score drop off. Honestly I was pretty surprised that Western's B/B cutoff was so low in our year, historically western tends to favor the verbal and B/B sections. 

Generally I think it's best to apply everywhere possible that you aren't outright disqualified from (from not having pre-reqs for example), unless money or time constraints are an issue. Western has a fairly time-demanding application process, so if you're short on time it might not be worth it, but if that's not an issue then there's little point in not applying.