Premed 101 Forums

UBC Pharmacy Applications 2019/2020 - Class of 2024

Sharron

Hey guys! Current 1st year here (just taking a break from studying haha...). 

If you didn't get an invite yet don't stress too much. IIRC they MAY send invites spread out over a day or so - then they send out invites in waves, people got invites 1 week after the initial wave (probably after people declined the initial). LMK if you guys have questions :)

5 minutes ago, pharmlover2020 said:

should I be expecting anything today?

I am just scared, got an interview last year, but have not heard back for this year yet. I am just wondering if at this point they have sent any rejections

Wait out today/tommorow. If not, they'll probably send out another wave next week. Last year, people got invites the following week and even a bit after that I think. If you get flat out rejected I feel as if they would've done so by now (or within the next day maybe?).

3 minutes ago, pharmlover2020 said:

should I be expecting anything today?

I am just scared, got an interview last year, but have not heard back for this year yet. I am just wondering if at this point they have sent any rejections

well when i got rejected like last year. I got rejection mail about 7 days after the invitation mails were out. so i don't really think u need to be worried for now

10 minutes ago, im.wandering said:

Hey guys! Current 1st year here (just taking a break from studying haha...). 

If you didn't get an invite yet don't stress too much. IIRC they MAY send invites spread out over a day or so - then they send out invites in waves, people got invites 1 week after the initial wave (probably after people declined the initial). LMK if you guys have questions :)

Hey. I was wondering how is the program at UBC? Is it a heavy course load? I just want to know if its possible to do a part time job while in the program or is it too heavy? Thanks 

4 hours ago, Pharm 2020 said:

Hey. I was wondering how is the program at UBC? Is it a heavy course load? I just want to know if its possible to do a part time job while in the program or is it too heavy? Thanks 

It's busy for sure, 4-5 days/week typically. If you ARE going to work, it'd be 1/2 days on the weekends max (if you even have time) - no way you can work on the weekdays. The pharmacy I've been working at for a few years is really nice to me so I rarely get shifts now to make it easier for me.