Premed 101 Forums

Are Dalhousie interview invites out ?

As of this week they were still reviewing files. They will likely need to decide what to do about interviews as they likely will not have in-person interviews (summer courses have moved to online and there will not be in-person courses until at least the fall). Dal medicine decisions are delayed until April. 

47 minutes ago, pinkelephant said:

As of this week they were still reviewing files. They will likely need to decide what to do about interviews as they likely will not have in-person interviews (summer courses have moved to online and there will not be in-person courses until at least the fall). Dal medicine decisions are delayed until April. 

Thank you! How do you know they were still reviewing files this week?

I wonder what they're going to do for the interview ... still have in-person interviews (doubtful at this point), CASPER, video interview or nothing (evaluate what they already have)?

1 hour ago, Maggie19 said:

Thank you! How do you know they were still reviewing files this week?

I wonder what they're going to do for the interview ... still have in-person interviews (doubtful at this point), CASPER, video interview or nothing (evaluate what they already have)?

I know someone who received an email this week requesting something. It would be pretty easy for them to switch to video interviews since they already do panel interviews ... but who knows. Doesn't CASPer take a few weeks to score? A personal statement or something sounds like a good option. 

15 minutes ago, pinkelephant said:

I know someone who received an email this week requesting something. It would be pretty easy for them to switch to video interviews since they already do panel interviews ... but who knows. Doesn't CASPer take a few weeks to score? A personal statement or something sounds like a good option. 

Is it a bad sign if they didn't ask me for a syllabus for one of the prereqs (Francophone university and used two courses to meet one of the prerequisites with permission from Jo-Anne)? Haha I'm kinda stressing out about this 

Personal statement would be a good option. Video interview sounds pretty awkward lol and I'm not sure how long it takes to score CASPer. I just know that that's what some medical schools are doing.

3 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

Is it a bad sign if they didn't ask me for a syllabus for one of the prereqs (Francophone university and used two courses to meet one of the prerequisites with permission from Jo-Anne)? Haha I'm kinda stressing out about this 

Personal statement would be a good option. Video interview sounds pretty awkward lol and I'm not sure how long it takes to score CASPer. I just know that that's what some medical schools are doing.

No, they would only need a syllabus if they had to evaluate equivalency. If you received permission from Jo-Anne then it's probably equivalent (otherwise she would request a syllabus before providing permission). Dalhousie has most other university's courses listed in their online Transfer Credit Equivalency Table. 

32 minutes ago, pinkelephant said:

No, they would only need a syllabus if they had to evaluate equivalency. If you received permission from Jo-Anne then it's probably equivalent (otherwise she would request a syllabus before providing permission). Dalhousie has most other university's courses listed in their online Transfer Credit Equivalency Table. 

Oh good, thank you! It's my first time applying do I really didn't (still don't) know what to expect.

It probably won't be a bad time to ask for references since people are at home and probably bored out of their minds. But i'm sure admissions will take all things into consideration. All in all the interview invites aren't even out yet, worry about references later :)

13 hours ago, shrekfiona12 said:

Do you think Dal will still require references for people who get interview invites? It would be pretty short notice if interviewees had to have references submitted around the same time as the interviews, especially given the COVID-19 circumstances

We would have until May 30 to submit references, so yes I think they will still be required. 

7 hours ago, Coco beans said:

“ I have gone through all the files.  If anything was missing that I required, you would have received an email from me.” This was from Jo-Anne. Do you guys think we will be hearing about invites soon?

It looks like it will be a little while yet according to last night's applicant update email :unsure:.

3 hours ago, pinkelephant said:

We would have until May 30 to submit references, so yes I think they will still be required. 

It looks like it will be a little while yet according to last night's applicant update email :unsure:.

I agree, it sounds like they're still figuring out what to do instead of in-person interviews.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, shrekfiona12 said:

You would think that there would be an accompanying email if it were a rejection. I still haven't heard anything. 

I confirmed that it does not mean a rejection :) someone mentioned that it could be that they change the status to Decision Made after they review your file.