Premed 101 Forums

Deadline to finish prereq?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was June 30 as well (OMSAS transcript deadline) but saw this on the UOttawa website and got a bit confused: 

Applications will be accepted from students in good standing who will have successfully completed, prior to the beginning of June preceding registration, in a recognized university, three years of full-time studies (five courses per semester each per year) in any undergraduate program leading to a bachelor’s degree, including specific prerequisite courses completed with a minimum Grade of B (CÉGEP equivalent 70%)

My assumption is still that the prerequisites need to be completed by June 30th (and just three years of undergrad have to be completed before the beginning of June), but I emailed the admissions office to double check. 

1 hour ago, rusty714 said:

I thought it was June 30 as well (OMSAS transcript deadline) but saw this on the UOttawa website and got a bit confused: 

Applications will be accepted from students in good standing who will have successfully completed, prior to the beginning of June preceding registration, in a recognized university, three years of full-time studies (five courses per semester each per year) in any undergraduate program leading to a bachelor’s degree, including specific prerequisite courses completed with a minimum Grade of B (CÉGEP equivalent 70%)

My assumption is still that the prerequisites need to be completed by June 30th (and just three years of undergrad have to be completed before the beginning of June), but I emailed the admissions office to double check. 

Please let me know what they say back to you! Finishing up everything tomorrow April 30th. But just want to be sure, just incase.

Thank you

1 hour ago, rusty714 said:

Just found this: https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/offers-admission

• "Selected candidates must complete all admission requirements by June 2020."

But I think a confirmation via e-mail would be best!

15 hours ago, theinbetween said:

Just found this: https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/offers-admission

• "Selected candidates must complete all admission requirements by June 2020."

But I think a confirmation via e-mail would be best!

Received confirmation today and they said the prerequisites need to be completed by the end of May and that final transcripts need to be received by June 30th