Premed 101 Forums

Graduate Students Eligibility

Hey, 

I'm beginning a grad program this fall that is one year long (will be ending in August 2021). Would I be eligible to apply to Ottawa med this fall for September 2021 entry? I can't find a deadline on their website for when my program requirements must be completed by. For example: uoft it's June 30, western is August 1st or 15th.

btw it's a course based masters and not a thesis based

• 2 weeks later...

Ottawa does not care about completion of your graduate program (no deadlines and not required to finish it to enrol). You can drop out and they will still accept you if you want. A couple of my friends will not finish until end of August and Ottawa said just send us your current transcript by June 30th and then if you have a final transcript send that later in the year. You just need to have your prereqs in by June 30th. 

12 hours ago, Fun_Mushroom1998 said:

Following -- I am planning on emailing them about this. I do not see any deadlines on their website. 

I could be wrong but I know McMasters lets you apply and enrol even when you are not done your masters. 

Ottawa allows the same

4 minutes ago, Fun_Mushroom1998 said:

Does Ottawa let you finish your masters (if you want) while in med school?  I think Mac lets you finish your masters. 

"under very exceptional circumstances, as allowed by the Vice-Dean" or something like that - outlined in the acceptance letter. :D