Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie now requiring new CASPer snapshot starting this cycle

Dalhousie just sent out an email indicating that all applicants must take the new CASPer snapshot starting this cycle. Essentially seems like a mini virtual interview which consists of 3 questions with 2 minutes to complete each question. Applicants will be required to use their webcam and respond through audio/video. It must be completed by September 30th, 2020.

Any thoughts?

23 hours ago, greysweater said:

Saw this too. Kind of annoying honestly, don't think anyone wants any more hoops to jump through.

Do we think they won't hold interviews this year and just use this + full file review instead?

That would be pretty wild! I'm personally hoping they'll interview because they've already said interview is worth 40% so it'll suck if they change the application scoring on us.

• 2 weeks later...

I found it to be a little extra in my opinion. Just because Dal is so big on the interview (40%), why would they care about a 10 min, one-way interaction; when they can interview the applicant face to face for 2 hours? Also, they said that it might, or it might not contribute to your application which is a little bit vague.. In other words, some people's scores can go down/up, while for others it may remain unchanged?