Premed 101 Forums

Predent i need HELP please :)

So, I'm a pre-dental student at UofT, and really am working hard to get into uoft dental school as well - in my third year hopefully. One of the courses I have will def bring my avg for this semester down from 4.0 to 3.9 (For that course). Do you know whether or not it'll look bad to drop a course n retake it in the summer? Should i just Cr/Ncr it? or should I just keep going with it and not bother?
P.s. Other courses are 4.0 for now

38 minutes ago, dentistrydmd said:

I wouldn't drop a course this late in the game. It will show up on your transcript. Having an average of 3.90 for one semester isn't the end of the world. U of T only uses your top three years if I'm not mistaken. What year are you in?

this is my second year.. but i really wanted to have a chance to apply next year this is why i'm kinda nervous now..

13 hours ago, Smileplease said:

this is my second year.. but i really wanted to have a chance to apply next year this is why i'm kinda nervous now..

It is pretty rare to be accepted after third year. Don't worry it isn't the end of the world if you don't get in after third year. Just keep the grades up and you will be fine. It is better to have an easier time not stressing out too much. It sounds like you are on a good path so far.

23 hours ago, Smileplease said:
So, I'm a pre-dental student at UofT, and really am working hard to get into uoft dental school as well - in my third year hopefully. One of the courses I have will def bring my avg for this semester down from 4.0 to 3.9 (For that course). Do you know whether or not it'll look bad to drop a course n retake it in the summer? Should i just Cr/Ncr it? or should I just keep going with it and not bother?
P.s. Other courses are 4.0 for now

You are setting yourself up for a lot of anxiety in regards to your grades if you think having 3.9 in one course is bad... speaking from experience. A 3.9 in one class will definitely not decrease your chances of getting into dental school. I had a pretty low GPA (cGPA was around 3.2 and wGPA around 3.9) and got accepted this year, so don’t lose hope.

And dropping a course at this point in the semester, especially because you are expecting a 3.9, is a very bad idea!

Keep working hard! The semester is almost over :)