Premed 101 Forums

University Of Toronto 2021 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2025

Sweetjasmine

9 minutes ago, sherbertlemonx said:

Anyone want to make an interview prep group? I'm not sure what exactly pharmacy interviews focus on.

yes pls. There's not much info online so I'm pretty lost with prep. And the invite said there's 3 different parts with video recording, passage writing, and mcq, so I'd love to get some practice in.

5 minutes ago, MehPharm said:

yes pls. There's not much info online so I'm pretty lost with prep. And the invite said there's 3 different parts with video recording, passage writing, and mcq, so I'd love to get some practice in.

Dm me, I don't mind connecting over fb or other media like zoom to practice! Same goes for anyone else that wants to join :) 

The interview has 3 sections:

1. Video response to of video-recorded questions with 2 parts (#1A+B; demonstrate verbal articulation) - 70 min
  2. Written response to passage - 20 mins
  3. MC (related to communication skills/non-academic attributes) - 20 mins

This is such an unconventional format.. multiple choice?? how are you guys prepping for this? 

14 minutes ago, verysadapplicant said:

The interview has 3 sections:

1. Video response to of video-recorded questions with 2 parts (#1A+B; demonstrate verbal articulation) - 70 min
  2. Written response to passage - 20 mins
  3. MC (related to communication skills/non-academic attributes) - 20 mins

This is such an unconventional format.. multiple choice?? how are you guys prepping for this? 

I wish they would have provided a little more detail on what's covered in each section

3 minutes ago, MehPharm said:

I wish they would have provided a little more detail on what's covered in each section

yeah seriously. I have no idea what 'written response' even pertains to (whether it will be personal, situational, testing knowledge of pharmacy/healthcare etc etc. Doesn't help very much for prep.

Side note.. is anyone else really freaked out by the poor prospects of pharmacy as a profession? I've been researching this constantly and the consensus is pretty bleak and depressing. Don't get me wrong, I am psyched to have an interview but, I am really terrified about the mental, emotional, financial and time investment without certainty that it will pay off

Don't worry all the areas are now competitive to find a job. This is all a little price we have to pay for out overpopulated planet. Pharmacy is not different. Imagine all other majors also release thousands of graduates into the job pool which I assume it is even more frustrating. Life is hard lol. We will figure it out.

Hey, I’m a first year pharm student. 
regarding the job market, I’m not too worried. It really depends where you end up deciding to settle. Salary/hour is much lower in Toronto $35/hour) compared to places like Kitchener where you could get like $45/50+ per hour. I’ve also worked alongside a lot of pharmacists and noticed that they get hired very quickly after they leave previous jobs. So they’re still quite in demand. Lastly, in terms of automation, I don’t see that as a barrier to us. In fact, I see it as beneficial as most of the tech is replacing the technical aspects of dispensing, pharmacists will always be needed for clinical and therapeutic aspects. 
Feel free to DM me if u guys have any questions!