Premed 101 Forums

It is a bad idea to email UBC admissions about my NAQ score?

I'm worried because my NAQ dropped from 50-75th percentile last year to 0-25th this year :( This was in spite of adding a bunch of additional things including research and jobs, so I was pretty disappointed. I know the applicant pool this year was super competitive, but such a big drop worries me I made a mistake on my application or one of my verifiers said something bad about me. Obviously they won't re-evalute my application, but would they give me any additional info if I sent them a message? And is there any way that would impact/hurt my application next year? 

Thanks!

I would be surprised if they gave you additional information. my guess is that you either won't receive a response or get a copy/pasted answer stating that they can't give individualized feedback.

from my understanding the applications are looked multiple times. it's unlikely that there is an error.

It's common practice to double-check all your entries with your verifiers prior to submission - to avoid any misunderstandings when some inevitably receive a verifier check.

Furthermore, if your NAQ dropped from 51st percentile to 49th percentile, that isn't actually reflective of a huge change to your NAQ score (and would probably be an expected change based on the crazy applicant pool), but that would be a change that drops you to the lower quartile (which looks worse than when you assess it by the raw numbers)

13 minutes ago, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

Furthermore, if your NAQ dropped from 51st percentile to 49th percentile, that isn't actually reflective of a huge change to your NAQ score (and would probably be an expected change based on the crazy applicant pool), but that would be a change that drops you to the lower quartile (which looks worse than when you assess it by the raw numbers)

they went from 50-75 to 0-25