Premed 101 Forums

USask 2021 Dental School Interviews

15 minutes ago, reb235 said:

Does anyone know what happened last year for the cancelled interviews? Did they do the same as this year (increased weight of academic average and DAT)?

They just said that admission selection is based solely on academic average and DAT score

Does anyone know roughly how many people applied to Dentistry at Usask this cycle? I am assuming it would be less than usual since there were very limited DAT spots for the November seating. Also does anyone know what's like the lowest mark and DAT score someone has gotten in with? I was really counting on the interview so with that being cancelled, I don't have too much hope left. 

52 minutes ago, y121212 said:

Does anyone know roughly how many people applied to Dentistry at Usask this cycle? I am assuming it would be less than usual since there were very limited DAT spots for the November seating. Also does anyone know what's like the lowest mark and DAT score someone has gotten in with? I was really counting on the interview so with that being cancelled, I don't have too much hope left. 

They didn’t release the admission statistics from last year, but this is for the class of 2019-2020. I feel you, I was really excited for the interview9EA50EEC-DD50-46C8-94DB-5521D320C9CC.thumb.jpeg.0c79b891e4776e375dbb89891e6f8aa0.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Crockus said:

They didn’t release the admission statistics from last year, but this is for the class of 2019-2020. I feel you, I was really excited for the interview9EA50EEC-DD50-46C8-94DB-5521D320C9CC.thumb.jpeg.0c79b891e4776e375dbb89891e6f8aa0.jpeg

I think we should all try to email admissions and ask for applicant stats (number of eligible applications for IP and OOP this cycle) so we have a better idea of what our chances are of getting accepted. Normally, I am sure most people would use their interview offer and interview performance as indicators of their acceptance likelihood but in the absence of interviews, the least they can do is give us those numbers. Summer DAT spots are filling up so it's only fair if we have a better idea about our application prospects right away so we can sign up for rewrites. 

3 hours ago, y121212 said:

I think we should all try to email admissions and ask for applicant stats (number of eligible applications for IP and OOP this cycle) so we have a better idea of what our chances are of getting accepted. Normally, I am sure most people would use their interview offer and interview performance as indicators of their acceptance likelihood but in the absence of interviews, the least they can do is give us those numbers. Summer DAT spots are filling up so it's only fair if we have a better idea about our application prospects right away so we can sign up for rewrites. 

I definitely agree some up to date stats would be nice so we know where we stand relative to other applicants.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:41 PM, y121212 said:

I don't know the exact stats but to my knowledge (talking to others and looking on the forum)  everyone that got in last year had a 90+ average. Heard of people with 89 averages and average to above average DAT scores in top third of wait list 

2 hours ago, mm0616 said:

I don't know the exact stats but to my knowledge (talking to others and looking on the forum)  everyone that got in last year had a 90+ average. Heard of people with 89 averages and average to above average DAT scores in top third of wait list 

35 minutes ago, green22 said:

You're referencing OOP right? Because the admissions statistics for the past years show an average of about 83-85% for admitted SK residents. 

All in province applicants accepted had a 90+ average. The stats given by the college are very outdated and are repeated, that is the exact same states listed for 2017, 2018 etc intake. 

52 minutes ago, green22 said:

You're referencing OOP right? Because the admissions statistics for the past years show an average of about 83-85% for admitted SK residents. 

Like someone said, the stats the college has been posting is inaccurate. I know a few people that got in last year in the absence of interviews and they all had 90s. I am assuming it will be the same this time too :( . But last year I think the waitlist moved kind of weird because a lot of people in the top third didn't get accepted but people from the middle or bottom of the waitlist did. I am not sure what that was about? Maybe they did that to keep admission averages lower? 

14 minutes ago, y121212 said:

Like someone said, the stats the college has been posting is inaccurate. I know a few people that got in last year in the absence of interviews and they all had 90s. I am assuming it will be the same this time too :( . But last year I think the waitlist moved kind of weird because a lot of people in the top third didn't get accepted but people from the middle or bottom of the waitlist did. I am not sure what that was about? Maybe they did that to keep admission averages lower? 

Yeah, no one really knows what happened with the wait list last year 

On 3/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, y121212 said:

27 minutes ago, green22 said:

I see. Really makes you wonder what will be needed this year to get in, guess all we can do at this point is wait and see.

I really thought that after all the complaints about last year's admission process, they would plan ahead for some form of online interviews. They literally had a full year to prep; every single other program/universities are doing it so I don't understand why they are not. If they knew they were not going to do interviews, I would rather they counted the CASper performance. Considering the fact that we paid $175 for application and additional $50 or something to take CASper, the least they can provide us is the applicant stats (eg; number of IP, OOP applicants) so we know what our chances are of getting in.

Hi guys, I've just got a question for IP applicants. If you've attended high school in Saskatchewan (assuming for all four years) and then studied at the u of s for three years, would you need to submit any other documents to prove that you are a resident of Saskatchewan?