Premed 101 Forums

Indigenous applicants

Indigenous IP applicant here!

Looking online it seams there are specific seats for indigenous IP applicants in NS. It specifically says maritime indigenous people so if these seats are not filled by NS residents would it go to NB and PEI or rather non- indigenous NS? 

Does anyone know how this process works in general applicants? I cant find any information!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 10:25 PM, PickMePickMe said:

Indigenous IP NB applicant here!

Looking online it seams there are specific seats for indigenous IP applicants in NS. It specifically says maritime indigenous people so if these seats are not filled by NS residents would it go to NB and PEI or rather non- indigenous NS? 

Does anyone know how this process works in general for NB applicants? There is also something about judging the application independently?

Late to response, but I can confirm what Orlando said. So general NB applicants, I believe you apply in a similar way, but the assessment is done differently for indigenous NB applicants. I'm not familiar with the process, but this is what I've come to understand!

On 3/22/2021 at 10:31 AM, Anaik said:

Late to response, but I can confirm what Orlando said. So general NB applicants, I believe you apply in a similar way, but the assessment is done differently for indigenous NB applicants. I'm not familiar with the process, but this is what I've come to understand!

Thanks! As I said before I can find no info specifically for NB or PEI applicants so its been really confusing! I think its that all the same cuttoffs must be reached and then they are scores independently.

When I applied last summer I did not realize there was a specific stream for indigenous applicants (assumed section one question was for scholarships or something). So I am trying to find more information on it!

13 minutes ago, PickMePickMe said:

Thanks! As I said before I can find no info specifically for NB applicants so its been really confusing! I think its that all the same cuttoffs must be reached and then they are scores independently.

When I applied last summer I did not realize there was a specific stream for indigenous applicants (assumed section one question was for scholarships or something). So I am trying to find more information on it!

https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/admissions/about/affirmative-action-policy.html

This is all I could find actually, there's an email there and perhaps reach out and ask what the process might look like for you? At the minimum, you should be able to apply under the Affirmative Action policy, but I can't comment on the details!!

• PickMePickMe changed the title to Indigenous applicants