Premed 101 Forums

INVITES/LA ENTREVUES MED-P McGill 2021 & Support

3 hours ago, meddream2021 said:

Mine still says "ready for review", does this mean a rejection?

You might be waitlisted, I personally was waitlisted for the MMIs (before eventually being rejected), but on the plus side I also know someone who was invited after being waitlisted!

1 hour ago, keipop said:

You might be waitlisted, I personally was waitlisted for the MMIs (before eventually being rejected), but on the plus side I also know someone who was invited after being waitlisted!

I read that waitlisted people had "still under review" or something like that and not "ready for review" but I might be wrong. I kind of hope I am...:/ but thanks for your answer!!

15 hours ago, panini said:

Did you guys receive an email? 

if you only applied to med-p, you shouldn't receive one, as it says on their website. 

If you applied to only dent-p, then you get an email from the faculty of dentistry. 

If you applied to both and got an invite to both, you receive 2 emails, one for dent-p alone, and another one explaining the MMI process for someone with 2 invites.

edit : med-p sent emails finally, personally around midnight *

7 hours ago, Parmesan said:

OMG IM ALL OUT OF REACTS BUT I GOT AN INTERVIEW IN DENT-P TOO
mais.... c'est exactement la même journée / heure que med-p.... anyone knows why?

I believe they have interviews the same day but if you got accepted in both they give you accomodations and adjust accordingly so you can pass them both. Congratzz

3 hours ago, Parmesan said:

if you only applied to med-p, you shouldn't receive one, as it says on their website. 

If you applied to only dent-p, then you get an email from the faculty of dentistry. 

If you applied to both and got an invite to both, you receive 2 emails, one for dent-p alone, and another one explaining the MMI process for someone with 2 invites.

Can you tell me where you found that information? On their website I can't seem to find it, I even found a place where it says that people who are invited are going to receive an email im confused...

10 hours ago, medqc_2021 said:

Can you tell me where you found that information? On their website I can't seem to find it, I even found a place where it says that people who are invited are going to receive an email im confused...

got the med-p email at like midnight finally

As to dent-p / double invites, i know it because I received those invites ! Not sure if it is written somewhere officially though

1 hour ago, Med-dream101 said:

Bon je suis un peu late mais j’ai reçu un autre refus! Adios médecine 2021 mais bravo à tous, vous êtes malades :wub:

Oh non, je suis vraiment désolée pour toi!! Lâche pas, see you again l’année prochaine ou après un peu de cheminement à l’uni, c’est juste une question de temps, garde le sourire! :)

6 minutes ago, premed_13 said:

Hi!

I was waitlisted for interviews for Med-P.

R score: 36,1XX

CASPer: Thought it went great because I'm still in the run for ULaval.

CV: Volunteer in a hospital for the past two years, worked in the ER in a hospital, currently working on a research project at school, in a lot of clubs, in the student council (high school and CEGEP), worked on different campaigns related to sexual violence, etc. 

Do you think I didn't get an invite because of my CASPer? 

Hey I was wondering how you know you were waitlisted? What is your "status" on minerva if you dont mind telling me? Good luck for your applications!!

9 hours ago, Parmesan said:

Can't find where on McGill's website anymore, but I know that candidates invited to med-p only won't get a email ; it's all on minerva.

As to dent-p / double invites, i know it because I received those invites ! Not sure if it is written somewhere officially though

I actually got 4 emails. In order of reception: 1 from Undergrad Dentistry saying I'm invited for Dent-P MMIs, another from Undergrad Dentistry saying I'm invited for both Med-P and Dent-P MMIs, and then really late past 11pm from Admissions Med, 1 saying there's some new stuff on Minerva I should check out, documents and stuff, and a last email saying I'm invited for Med-P MMIs. So yeah, pretty much nothing is coordinated.

Here's that last one for Med-P.

image.png

Invitation/ LA : status "ready for review" no idea what this means....

Catégorie : collégien

Programme : SN

Cote R : 37.1

Feeling sur le Casper : I thought it went pretty well and I am still in the run for Ulaval which was encouraging. 

Overall CV : Volunteering with TSA students and schizophrenic people + tutoring and mentoring and some other jobs and volunteering. 

Commentaires I am so confused that my status has not changed. It seems like everybody got refused, invited or waitlisted and I got nothing. Also, one of my friend has 36.2 of cote r and she got refused at Ulaval because of her casper but she got an invite from mcgill. This is confusing and I can't wait to have any news from mcgill:/

13 hours ago, medqc_2021 said:

Feeling sur le Casper : I thought it went pretty well and I am still in the run for Ulaval which was encouraging. 

Overall CV : Volunteering with TSA students and schizophrenic people + tutoring and mentoring and some other jobs and volunteering. 

Commentaires I am so confused that my status has not changed. It seems like everybody got refused, invited or waitlisted and I got nothing. Also, one of my friend has 36.2 of cote r and she got refused at Ulaval because of her casper but she got an invite from mcgill. This is confusing and I can't wait to have any news from mcgill:/

Mcgill counts CV so it’s a bit of a wild card. But with that cote + Casper, you have a really good chance at all the Francophone schools!

On 3/27/2021 at 9:57 AM, medqc_2021 said:

hey.... I think if it still says ready for review, contact the admissions office ! there might be a mistake

3 minutes ago, medqc_2021 said:

No it changed for "refused" yesterday:(

what? je comprends pas... ta cote est super, ton casper aussi clairement ! ... Je suis vrm désolé. C'est surement ton CV?

Par contre, tu as encore des chances aux 3 francos !! :D Don't loose hope, je peux pas croire qu'avec 37,1 et casper bon pour Laval tu ne rentres nul part ! Don't hesitate to DM me, we can talk about it :) 

20 minutes ago, Parmesan said:

what? je comprends pas... ta cote est super, ton casper aussi clairement ! ... Je suis vrm désolé. C'est surement ton CV?

Par contre, tu as encore des chances aux 3 francos !! :D Don't loose hope, je peux pas croire qu'avec 37,1 et casper bon pour Laval tu ne rentres nul part ! Don't hesitate to DM me, we can talk about it :) 

Honnêtement I am so confused, mais mcgill était mon dernier choix comme je suis francophone, still getting rejected was tough... On va voir le 29 avril pour les autres universités, fingers crossed, bonne chance à toi aussi si tu attends toujours des réponses!!

45 minutes ago, medqc_2021 said:

Honnêtement I am so confused, mais mcgill était mon dernier choix comme je suis francophone, still getting rejected was tough... On va voir le 29 avril pour les autres universités, fingers crossed, bonne chance à toi aussi si tu attends toujours des réponses!!

La portion CV à McGill est très mystérieux sérieux, je connais beaucoup de personnes avec des gros CV mais qui sont refusées, et même moi avec un CV quand même assez rempli (cadet, BEAUCOUP de tutorat, bénévolat auprès des communautés marginalisées pendant 4 ans, etc.) j’ai été classé parmi les pires niveau CV...

2 minutes ago, keipop said:

La portion CV à McGill est très mystérieux sérieux, je connais beaucoup de personnes avec des gros CV mais qui sont refusées, et même moi avec un CV quand même assez rempli (cadet, BEAUCOUP de tutorat, bénévolat auprès des communautés marginalisées pendant 4 ans, etc.) j’ai été classé parmi les pires niveau CV...

Par curiosité comment tu sais où tu as été classée pour le CV? Et vraiment c'est un mystère comment mcgill classe les CV, surtout que la portion CV compte seulement pour 10% et elle semble avoir tout de même un gros impact!