Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

11 hours ago, PTapplicant2000 said:
20 hours ago, Boukenbc said:

Does anybody  know if we can re-submit transcripts if we have been placed on a wait list? Now that I have received my W22 grades I’m almost positive my sGPA increased. Would Dal recognize this?

Unfortunately, I don't believe they do :( Otherwise, they would likely ask for it somewhere. 

I could be wrong, but I do believe they base everything off of what you applied with, and then if you're placed on the waitlist, it's easier for them (if you think from a business sense) to allow the waitlist to move on it's own. The bright side is that you'll be more competitive next application cycle if it doesn't work out this time. 

However, my fingers are crossed for you to get in! I've heard waitlists move a far bit, so don't lose hope! 

Hi! I'll be starting UBC MPT and I'm trying to decide if I should work part-time over the next 2 years. Maybe a few hours over the weekends. Does anyone know if that would be manageable or if it's recommended that I don't work to focus more on school? 

1 minute ago, Otapplicant22 said:

No e-mail yet from UofA, does anyone know if they send out rejections as well or only early acceptances? 

When I took a look at their website a few weeks ago, it sounded like they go through multiple rounds of screening. So first round successful applicants will hear back, and then if you don't hear back it means they are screening your application again. Second round a month later, etc., until all spots have been filled in August. I'm not sure if they are doing this exactly because it doesn't sound like they did it last year... but that's what the website says. Sort of confusing

1 minute ago, OTstudent2 said:

When I took a look at their website a few weeks ago, it sounded like they go through multiple rounds of screening. So first round successful applicants will hear back, and then if you don't hear back it means they are screening your application again. Second round a month later, etc., until all spots have been filled in August. I'm not sure if they are doing this exactly because it doesn't sound like they did it last year... but that's what the website says. Sort of confusing

ok interesting, so basically if we haven't heard back today then we should just wait to hear back in the next round of offers. But no news isn't a rejection per se?

Just now, Otapplicant22 said:

ok interesting, so basically if we haven't heard back today then we should just wait to hear back in the next round of offers. But no news isn't a rejection per se?

Yeah that's what it sounded like!! But i read in previous years people heard about waitlist, but from their website it sounds like instead of waitlist, it's multiple rounds of screening to fill the spots. So it sounds like if you don't hear back today it doesn't necessarily mean rejection!!

• Selection of Applicants

Students with a very strong GPA (3.8+) and overall application may be recommended for acceptance or conditional acceptance around mid-May of the admission year. The remaining applicants will be advised of their status from late May, mid-late June etc., through August of the admission year, depending on how the application was ranked during the application review process. So, if you don't hear from us at the end of May, your application will be reviewed again in June and so on. Normally all admissions and refusals are completed and a waiting list created by the end of June.

4 minutes ago, OTWrappingpaper said:

whats your gpa/casper score?? just tryna figure out why i havent heard yet.

UofA calculated grades differently cuz of covid so im unsure what my exact gpa was, but for ontario schools my undergrad gpa is 3.86. Im also doing my masters in psych right now, and with masters grades included, my %gpa was 92%, but unsure about what that is in terms of 4.0 scale. For Casper i was in fourth quartile.

I’ve also had lots of relevant volunteer/work experiences (childrens hospital oncology volunteer, senior long term care in hospital volunteer, volunteer with an individual with a mental health condition, 5+ years working with a teenager with autism).

1 minute ago, OTstudent2 said:

UofA calculated grades differently cuz of covid so im unsure what my exact gpa was, but for ontario schools my undergrad gpa is 3.86. Im also doing my masters in psych right now, and with masters grades included, my %gpa was 92%, but unsure about what that is in terms of 4.0 scale. For Casper i was in fourth quartile.

I’ve also had lots of relevant volunteer/work experiences (childrens hospital oncology volunteer, senior long term care in hospital volunteer, volunteer with an individual with a mental health condition, 5+ years working with a teenager with autism).

hmmm im thinking that maybe the first round was sent to people who applied with an already completed degree, thanks so much for the insight!

16 minutes ago, canadaphysio2022 said:

I have a completed degree and haven’t heard anything 

Hi all! Last year I was waitlisted at the same time that acceptance letters were sent out.

Seems that they’re doing things a little differently this year, for those looking for answers- or waitlist offers will still come later today?! 

I was waitlisted with a 3.72 last intake, put in the top section, and never got off the waitlist sadly, OOP

25 minutes ago, canadaphysio2022 said:

Dang it.. still nothing here. Someone let us know if you get a waitlist email!

I still haven't heard anything either. I'm in province and had a 4th quartile Casper (sgpa was on the lower end, but a strong application otherwise). Status still also says pre-screening