Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

1 minute ago, PTPTPT said:

This morning - not sure if it helps that I was a former student. I feel ya, waiting on Mac that still says under review for me...

Yeah also waiting on Mac..... Why is the process so different year-to-year? Last year people got their acceptance/rejection/waitlist all at the same time from Mac, dont know why this year is so different...

Applied (OT):  UofT, McMaster, Western, Queen's 

Accepted: UofT, McMaster 

Waitlisted: Western, Queen's

sGPA: 3.91

CASPer score: 4th quartile 

This was my first time applying! I had 3 different CO-OP terms during my undergrad, a practicum working as a fitness instructor for seniors and was very involved in my school academics and program association. I have no idea what program to choose between McMaster and UofT, so I'd love to hear if anyone has any thoughts on either school's program! :) I was really hoping for Western. :( Any idea how many people get on the waitlist typically and how quickly it moves? Thanks! :)

On 5/13/2022 at 9:41 AM, chefM said:

Has anyone heard anything from ottawa PT or do y’all keep seeing under evaluation?

Mine just switched to waiting list. At least it wasn't a rejection, but it's my fourth time applying... I hope I get off it because I'm not trying again! Even if I wanted to waste money a fifth time, it was the last time I could apply with my stats course there.

1 minute ago, OTPT2022HOPE said:

so basically if someone from the waitlist doesnt want to take the spot it goes to me? thats a long shot ugh :(

Waitlists have a tendency to move around quite a bit sometimes, so you never know. Wait for the update from western regarding your rough position on the list... 

Stay positive... at least Im trying to... I know its:lol: hard 

4 minutes ago, OTPT2022HOPE said:

so basically if someone from the waitlist doesnt want to take the spot it goes to me? thats a long shot ugh :(

I thought they meant that "waitlisted accepted" means you've been accepted from the waitlist into the school, and the other one just means you're on the waitlist.

did anyone got rejection letter from Mac PT? I still have not received a letter from them yet. Don't know if it is a glitch, but last year I got the rejection at 12:37 AM. 

Those of us who did not get a letter, does that mean we are rejected? confused.....

Just now, DESA said:

did anyone got rejection letter from Mac PT? I still have not received a letter from them yet. Don't know if it is a glitch, but last year I got the rejection at 12:37 AM. 

Those of us who did not get a letter, does that mean we are rejected? confused.....

Yep same... it seems only people who were accepted got an answer.. No rejection or waitlist for now from what I can see in the forums

5 minutes ago, MMPT said:

Yes I did! Have you applied too and do you have a status update?

yess unfortunately i gor refused! i wish they can say why! but it might be cause i do not have an honours degree! The lady told me sometimes they accept people even without honors