Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

4 hours ago, PT2 said:

Anyone else on the UofT PT waitlist receive info about activating their joinid? Not sure if that is a good sign or if everyone on the waitlist receives that email.

Hi! I also received this email and I am on uoft's PT waitlist as well. The email says "Every applicant to the University of Toronto is assigned a JOINid."

So I guess we can enable it now and then if we get an offer and accept it we can promote the JOINid to a UTORid.

Happy waiting and best of luck to you!! :)

Congrats to everyone on making it through this years applications! For western ot I thought they only considered spga and casper, however I have seen people with lower sgpa or casper scores getting acceptances while others with higher sgpa and casper results are being waitlisted. Have they started considering the personal submission more?

8 minutes ago, Anonn said:

Congrats to everyone on making it through this years applications! For western ot I thought they only considered spga and casper, however I have seen people with lower sgpa or casper scores getting acceptances while others with higher sgpa and casper results are being waitlisted. Have they started considering the personal submission more?

I had a lower sgpa (3.54) but 4th quartile Casper and I believe a pretty strong personal submission. I haven’t seen anyone have an acceptance with lower than a 4th/3rd Casper though but I might be wrong? I think they put heavy emphasis on the Casper 

27 minutes ago, Otapplicant22 said:

I had a lower sgpa (3.54) but 4th quartile Casper and I believe a pretty strong personal submission. I haven’t seen anyone have an acceptance with lower than a 4th/3rd Casper though but I might be wrong? I think they put heavy emphasis on the Casper 

I had a 3.92 sgpa and 4th quartile casper and was rejected, I've seen others saying similar and was just confused as I thought the personal submissions were not too heavily considered.

4 minutes ago, Anonn said:

I had a 3.92 sgpa and 4th quartile casper and was rejected, I've seen others saying similar and was just confused as I thought the personal submissions were not too heavily considered.

Hmm my friend had the same stats as you and was accepted.. I’m really sorry to hear that, it’s not news you want at all. Maybe they did give a heavier preference for personal submissions this year?

First time applicant (in Ontario) posting to help others in the future :)

Applied (All PT): UofT, Queen's, Western, McMaster (no response)
Accepted: UofT
Waitlisted: Queen's
Rejected: Western
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa: cGPA 3.61, sGPA 3.85
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Casper 4th quartile, felt good about my personal statements, KIRA was okay, CAP went very well! Reference from a physiotherapist I had worked under for ~1yr, and a prof I got close to over one term.

I have experience working as a PTA, was president of a club, TA'd a science course, and involved as a frosh week leader. I was pretty doubtful of my chances as I did not have a super high GPA or any crazy impressive extracurriculars involving research or anything like that, so I was overjoyed to be accepted to UofT. I credit my success to my high Casper score and CAP! I have strong writing skills (always loved to read and write) and I am glad I could utilize those to express my personal qualities and values. Just wanted to show people that GPA does not limit you- if you are passionate, genuine, and complete your interviews/statements with research on the profession beforehand, you can showcase your personal attributes. Good luck to everyone applying next cycle or are on waitlists. Will be accepting my UofT offer.

8 hours ago, Anonn said:

I have a 3.98 and got waitlisted. I think personal experiences and in province/OOP play a large role.

17 hours ago, ganOTdream said:

Applied: OT at Western, Queens, McMaster, UofT and UofA

Accepted: Western, UofT, UofA

Waitlisted: Queens

Rejected: McMaster

S-GPA: 3.84

C-GPA: 3.36

Casper: 4th quartile

This is my second year applying. Still cannot believe I've been accepted!! Congrats to everyone. 

Congrats, this is amazing!! Do you know what school you're choosing?

14 hours ago, pt90 said:

hey, I got this email as well but not so sure if it's a good sign. Let's hope for the best. I am not able to log in cause I don't have the UT student number as I didn't get the offer letter. Where did you find your UT student number if you don't mind me asking?

I was wondering the same thing, as I have not received an offer.

for those going to UofA OT, did you put down you prefer edmonton or calgary? I put down calgary but now I feel like I want to email and say i prefer edmonton for the bigger class room experience and non virtual lectures? What is everyones opinion on edmonton vs calgary learning?

16 hours ago, hereforOT said:

Applied (OT): Western, UofT, Queens

Accepted: UofT (St.George campus) and Queens

Waitlisted: None

subGPA: 3.81 cGPA: 3.66

3rd quartile CASPer

I applied last year and I was waitlisted for Western and rejected from the rest. Over the past year I worked in a health care role and my courses from the winter semester helped boost my gpa. I had references from a professor who I did research with as well as my work supervisor. I will most likely be accepting Queens:)

I am also trying to decide between UofT and Queens for OT what made you choose/lean towards Queens? :)

16 hours ago, hereforOT said:

Applied (OT): Western, UofT, Queens

Accepted: UofT (St.George campus) and Queens

Waitlisted: None

subGPA: 3.81 cGPA: 3.66

3rd quartile CASPer

I applied last year and I was waitlisted for Western and rejected from the rest. Over the past year I worked in a health care role and my courses from the winter semester helped boost my gpa. I had references from a professor who I did research with as well as my work supervisor. I will most likely be accepting Queens:)

I am also trying to decide between queens and uoft for OT what made you choose/lean towards Queens? :)

23 minutes ago, indecisiveaf said:

I am also trying to decide between queens and uoft for OT what made you choose/lean towards Queens? :)

Either school will be great. I believe Queens placements begin earlier than other schools so their curriculum provides a balance of learning and real world experience. Also, the class size is one of the smaller ones so likely more placement opportunities and tighter knit community. One of my mentors graduated from there and had a great experience and loved living in Kingston and being at Queens.

58 minutes ago, jasptotptotpt said:
Either school will be great. I believe Queens placements begin earlier than other schools so their curriculum provides a balance of learning and real world experience. Also, the class size is one of the smaller ones so likely more placement opportunities and tighter knit community. One of my mentors graduated from there and had a great experience and loved living in Kingston and being at Queens.

Thank you so much for your response! Do you know how you will deal with housing/navigating that space at Queens? 

I’m currently debating between UofT and Queens for PT! I was curious if anyone knew anything about UofT’s accreditation status? Queens if fully compliant until October 2024, but UofT’s website says they’re fully compliant until April 30, 2022…..

2 minutes ago, DreamPT said:

I’m currently debating between UofT and Queens for PT! I was curious if anyone knew anything about UofT’s accreditation status? Queens if fully compliant until October 2024, but UofT’s website says they’re fully compliant until April 30, 2022…..

I'm debating between these two school's as well! Leaning towards UofT because of their ACE placements and placement opportunities! I think we can probably ask about the accreditation status during one of the info sessions? There's a form to submit questions!

6 minutes ago, DreamPT said:

Wait I actually just checked the PEAC website and it says UofT accreditation expires July 15th, 2022! https://peac-aepc.ca/english/accreditation/programs-with-accreditation-status.php 

9 minutes ago, headoverheelsPT said:

I'm debating between these two school's as well! Leaning towards UofT because of their ACE placements and placement opportunities! I think we can probably ask about the accreditation status during one of the info sessions? There's a form to submit questions!

Those are my reason for leaning towards UofT as well! Placement opportunities are weighted very heavily for me. It’s also closer to my hometown which is nice, I’ve been living ~3 hours away for 6 years now so I’m happy to be closer. 

I saw your other post about their accreditation expiring July 15, 2022, so that’s reassuring! That’s a good idea to ask about the info session too, I want to make sure our graduating class will be in a fully compliant program.