Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

2 hours ago, OTstudent2 said:

The acceptance email said they will give this information in June! I think it’s hard to say because COVID affected previous years and they may have changed some things after doing online stuff… :/ congrats on getting in! Are you planning on accepting UofT’s offer? 

Thank you! That makes sense. Trying to decide between UofT and Queen's still! ls your top choice UofT?

Applied (OT): UofT, Mcmaster, Queens

Accepted: UofT

Waitlisted: Mcmaster

Rejected: Queens

sGPA: 3.88

This was my third time applying (once rejected, once waitlisted, and now accepted!). Uoft was my top choice as I reside in Toronto and know many people who graduated from the program that loved it. I have firmly accepted at UofT and I cant wait to meet my fellow classmates! 

2 hours ago, EllieOT2022 said:

Thank you! That makes sense. Trying to decide between UofT and Queen's still! ls your top choice UofT?

Im not sure! Im deciding between alberta, UofT, queens, and mcmaster but i think UofT and mcmaster are my top choices right now! Let me know if you have any tips on how to pick… im really struggling haha

So since i still haven't heard anything back from McMaster (neither rejected/waitlist/accepted) should i probably assume someone at HQ just forget to send out all the emails?? (im joking btw obviously that would not happen)

I haven't seen anyone post here yet that they have been waitlisted by McMaster so maybe a no response means i have been waitlisted?  

If anyone here has been waitlisted by McMaster let me know!

1 hour ago, OTstudent2 said:

Im not sure! Im deciding between alberta, UofT, queens, and mcmaster but i think UofT and mcmaster are my top choices right now! Let me know if you have any tips on how to pick… im really struggling haha

Haha I'm not sure I have any new tips... but I'm considering how the schedules have looked in the past (I have to work in the summer as much as possible!) and also placement opportunities :)

1 hour ago, HopefulPT2022_ said:

So since i still haven't heard anything back from McMaster (neither rejected/waitlist/accepted) should i probably assume someone at HQ just forget to send out all the emails?? (im joking btw obviously that would not happen)

I haven't seen anyone post here yet that they have been waitlisted by McMaster so maybe a no response means i have been waitlisted?  

I am in the exact same position, haven't heard anything from Mac yet. I'm hoping it means waitlisted too!

21 hours ago, PlsOT said:

Can I ask why you are choosing UofT from your offers? :)

Yeah but it might not be helpful! Pretty much the main reason is that I live with my family in Toronto and I don't want to have to move out and pay rent if I don't have to. Money aside, McMaster probably would've been my first choice and UofT my second. I did do my undergrad at UofT and I did like it there. I had a lot of great professors, it's a good city, if you're interested at all in research it's a great school for that, there's lots of opportunities to work with a lot of different populations here, if you're planning on working there's a lot of great hospitals and clinics in the city. But even a few of my UofT professors have said that they prefer McMaster's teaching pedagogy and recommended I go there soooo... do with that what you will! If you're not familiar, McMaster does a lot of problem-based learning while UofT tends to do more traditional lecturing. I've had profs who have done PBL and I found it much more engaging and interesting. But I don't know how different UofT's masters programs will be from the undergrad program.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:05 PM, Physio4Life said:

Hey guys! For anyone who is accepting their offer at Western, I’ve created a student-run Facebook group for us to connect on :) looking forward to seeing you in the fall!! 

Hey! Here is the facebook group made by the Western PT Student Council for the PT Class of 2024! https://www.facebook.com/groups/568922441196626/ 

On 5/13/2022 at 1:55 PM, Steph5110 said:

So I'm going into Western OT next year but when I spoke to current Western OT students they said 60-70 people! Two years ago was 63 people I think, not sure about last year. 

I'm going into my second year at Western OT - our class size is about 75 students! I believe this year is expected to be around the same number

1 hour ago, physiotd98 said:

Does anyone know when we will hear from Mac? I think i'm waitlisted (no rejection email) and i'm wondering if we will hear before the 29th?

Mac did not send an email. They let out their acceptances/ waitlists/ rejections on the student application portal. You should have received an email notifying you that there has been an update to your application. 

7 hours ago, OTfor2022 said:

Applied (OT): UofT, Mcmaster, Queens

Accepted: UofT

Waitlisted: N/A

Rejected: Mcmaster, Queens

This was my third time applying (once rejected, once waitlisted, and now accepted!). Uoft was my top choice as I reside in Toronto and know many people who graduated from the program that loved it. I have firmly accepted at UofT and I cant wait to meet my fellow classmates! 

If you don't mind me asking, where were you waitlisted last year? 

50 minutes ago, jasptotptotpt said:

Mac did not send an email. They let out their acceptances/ waitlists/ rejections on the student application portal. You should have received an email notifying you that there has been an update to your application. 

no, it still says the application is under review for me in the portal. no email about an update either 

4 hours ago, otapp22 said:

Yeah but it might not be helpful! Pretty much the main reason is that I live with my family in Toronto and I don't want to have to move out and pay rent if I don't have to. Money aside, McMaster probably would've been my first choice and UofT my second. I did do my undergrad at UofT and I did like it there. I had a lot of great professors, it's a good city, if you're interested at all in research it's a great school for that, there's lots of opportunities to work with a lot of different populations here, if you're planning on working there's a lot of great hospitals and clinics in the city. But even a few of my UofT professors have said that they prefer McMaster's teaching pedagogy and recommended I go there soooo... do with that what you will! If you're not familiar, McMaster does a lot of problem-based learning while UofT tends to do more traditional lecturing. I've had profs who have done PBL and I found it much more engaging and interesting. But I don't know how different UofT's masters programs will be from the undergrad program.

Thanks this is super helpful!! I unfortunately did not receive a mcmasters offer so choosing between UofT and Queens!! I will have to move from BC to one of them without knowing anyone so cost will be an unavoidable thing regardless of school. Currently leaning towards UofT but absorbing any advice or insight I can get! 

On 5/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, Otapplicant22 said:

Hey guys! Anyone who accepted their offer to western OT next year want to start a Facebook group?/ know if there is one already? Would love to meet some people over the summer before the semester starts 

I’m interested! I’ve accepted my offer to Western! 

Second time applicant 

Applied + (PT or OT?): PT UofT, Mac, Queens, Western 
Accepted: Queens & McMaster
Waitlisted: UofT
Rejected: Western
GPA:c-gpa:3.55 and s-gpa: 3.87

My first choice is UofT so I'm hoping to get off the waitlist before the deadline. But I also need to decide between Mac or Queens so I will be doing a lot of research on each school and reaching out the current students of the program. 

I'm grateful to get accepted to at least one school as my previous year I got rejected to all schools. If anyone would like to know what I did to improve my application, don't hesitate to reach out :)

20 hours ago, HopefulPT2022_ said:

Hey! I just recieved a waitlist email from Mcmaster this morning.

13 hours ago, jasptotptotpt said:

If you don't mind me asking, where were you waitlisted last year? 

Yea of course, any questions are welcome! I applied to all schools the first time, rejected from them all with an sgpa: 3.69, bumped up my sGPA to 3.76 the next year and only applied to UofT and got waitlisted. This year I bumped my sGPA to 3.88 and applied to 3 schools and got accepted by UofT :D