Premed 101 Forums

UWO interviews

Guest tamkhan1

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the stats, I dont remember them exactly but basically:

7 offers have been extended which includes international students as well as deferred offers from last year.

The number of applications increased by roughly 100 this year (I think about 500 apps).

253 interview invitations extended, with a reading comp requirement of at least 19 on the DAT.

Expected class size is 53...

Guest hippo55

well they kind of do b/c a dental student I was talking to said last year a guy in 1st year stuck his hand through a glass door during the start of the term and was out for the rest of the year... so he's probably one of the 7

Guest eggy88

One of my interviewers said that we should be hearing from the admissions a week from the interview (I didn't ask further). I guess that would correspond to the 15 acceptances. I was wondering if they will be sending out some rejections at that time also? Considering that there are 240 applicants for 30 spots (52 - 7deferred - 15top students = 30 seats available), won't they know for sure that some students would definitely not be considered just based on their interview performance? Or are we going to hear about all the rejections and the 30 acceptances all at the end of june?

Guest tamkhan1

i think they'll release the interview marks in a week or two, but decisions, rejection/acceptances, are released in june.

im not sure, though. people who had an interview at uwo last year, might be able to enlighten us on this.

Guest Mr Shakur

Hey,

Im acutaly in UWO dental, I helped out with the interviews so i thot id help ya out a lil bit...

Yes, there are 7 deferals and international offers

Yes, the top 15 will be getting offers soon-ish

No, you will not get your interview mark. You will get an email in (late) June, letting u know whether u got in, waitlisted, or not. And why would u pick UWO over U of T, because the clinical skills at western kick ass on those at U of T. Why pick UWO over UBC, cuz its 20Gz a year cheaper, and its actually a dental school, instead of a med/dent hybrid.

Hope that helps.

O yes, and if you dont enjoy having fun, i suggest you dont choose UWO.

Guest nataltula

I have some friends at UofT, and I think everyone is underestimating the clinical work there.

And also, you can never take away UofT's amazing reputation...

Guest eggy88

Just to clarify, will we ever know our interview marks? Will we know in late june when they send out the results - accept, waitlist, etc?

Guest Massari

Ahh...good times at UWO. It was my second time around there. They apparently moved the lunch buffet to some other coffee room; last year it was right by the room with the projector screen. I can't stand their mind games.

Guest twistedbrain

Me too....I came out for the food too... but i couldn't find them.. they were there at 1002 last year...

uhmmm... I meant I came because I want to help out....not for the food... right....

Guest Aplusdent

Is UWO the latest school in notifying people?? Late June sounds pretty ridiculous considering some U.S. schools start in July...that doesn't leave very much time to get situated.

Guest sensodyne

ubc has the earliest interviews and earliest acceptances. This is the only way they can get their applicants to pay the 8900 deposit.:x

Just got an email update from Western....basically they have confirmed that they will be offering early acceptance to the top 15 applicants.

Regarding timing, the email just says that letters will be sent out "shortly". For everyone else, results wont be out until late june.

Good luck everyone!

Guest shesallDAT

Do you think by 'letters' they really meant e-mails? All of their correspondence so far has been by e-mail, and I believe final admissions in June are e-mailed as well (with a letter to follow up), so why would they send letters just for this?

Archived