Premed 101 Forums

UWO interviews

Guest tamkhan1

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Emily44

Hey CW,

I called Western today and they told me that it was unlikely the waitlist would move anymore, but we're still on this waitlist in case anyone else drops out last minute. Kinda sucks. They also told me they had some computer problems which is why we never received an email on April 10th. Hope that helps.

Guest uoft2005

that sux...

i guess we'll just reapply next year right guys? :P

emily, i wouldn't retake the DAT if i were u though.. :lol

hopefully u'll have better luck next year!

I just found out from Trish that they had a computer glitch that didn't allow them to send out 2nd round interview invites. She suspects the problem will be fixed and applicants will be notified today/tomorrow.

Guest buzz15

Hey CW,

Interview notification today/tomorrow would be the 3rd round of invites. I know people who recieved interview invites April 6th when we all heard from Western last.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest twistedbrain

How did everybody feel? Rock the interview? or get rocked? How did you guys found the afternoon presentations, did you fill out the survey?

Guest tamkhan1

lol, arent u the guy from biome:rollin

im sure i came across plenty of uoftians on saturday, at western.

and western will release interview marks before June, i think.

Guest sparhawkbeans

guys...rumour has it that western is going to release acceptances to the top 15 by this week. Has anyone else heard any thing about this? this is what my interviewers told me.

I heard the same thing from a few of the dent students that were on hand during the interviews. Apparently the motive behind this is to prevent U of T from poaching the top talent.....

Guest predentalguy

thats weird.... im wondering how they will assess these top 15 candidates considering some students only have one A level year.

Guest shesallDAT

Hey,

Yeah, I also heard someone mentioning the 15 thing outside the physiology challenge exam room (perhaps it was one of you guys! ;) )....but I didn't want to be the first to post because I thought it was just hearsay... :\ Good to know that it's "true"..hehe...hope I'll be hearing this week! :P

Guest Braces2005

I wonder if they will only select the top 15 from those students that are competitive for both universities?

It would be against their motives if the above is not true.

Crazy times.

Guest tamkhan1

interesting news..so 15 + those 7 applicants whove already been admitted, either without the interview, or with a phone interview or something..that makes 22 seats already gone, out of a total 52/53. schucks!

well, im certainly not in contention for those 15 spots..ive clearly been told by Trish that ill have to submit my 3rd/current year marks

Guest tamkhan1

im wondering how western plans to attract the 'potential' uoft crowd. people whove already made a decision to join uoft, wud never choose anything over it, unless western offers a hefty scholarship, which they can, considering theyre so much richer than uoft:rollin

Guest uoft Chemistry

Hi guys,

just curious, why is western richer than UT in dentistry terms only?, I read in the CIHR and NSERC funding that UT is 1st in funding and scholarships trailed by McGill with UBC in 3rd, I guess what u mean by "richer" in the sense that they actually give some of that loot to us undergrads like they're suppose to. But I guess UT poured all that money into building it's repuation.

But then if some 1 offerred me to go to school at the rate that McGill students are getting, I'd reconsider the schools definitely.

Anyways, good luck u all...

Me

Archived