Premed 101 Forums

UWO interviews

Guest tamkhan1

Guest no fUTure

GPA ~3.5 for 2 years, 3rd year embarrassingly low

finishing 4th year at u.t

DAT: RC 22 Bio 23 Chem22 PAT 20 Carving 24

(wrote past November)

i bet they made it confidential only so trish wouldn't get a bajillion calls every day seeing if they've moved up the list at all :P

wow.. acci that's amazing. maybe it's dat-emphasized then ... *fingers crossed*

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest predentalguy

hey people..i got an interview invite...thank God... im just really astonished at this point to hear those stats with no interview... esp emily... i dont see how with a 123 DAT and 83.5 top two years doesnt get an interview...

uoft2005... nooooo.... hopefully dude u get in off that waitlist.. keep us updated for sure...

tamkhan and tonick... congrats...and to all the rest of you goodluck

I wrote the DAT 2005....

cheers

OS

Guest DentFlosS

I didnt' get one. I had 3.77 omsas and my dat wasn't soooooo great..so I understand.

But what I don't get is how some ppl with amazing stats didn't get an interview???

So maybe uwo took the essay into great consideration? (If I remember correctly we could submit a page long letter)..what do you guys think?

Guest bebostyle

that letter is to explain something of great nature that would have amybe negatively impacated you..not to say you enjoy being in clubs and sports...and that would make you a great dentist..ahahaha

i think that bs is saved for the intv

Guest Emily44

I don't remember submitting an essay for UWO???

I'm out of province...does anyone know how many OOP applicants they interview, cause there aren't very many spots for OOP at Western.

Guest uoft2005

predentalguy conrats!!

go represent u of t buddy!

I don't have much hopes up seeing how it's a waitlist for INTERVIEW invites..

seoiusly.. what da hell is the point of making this list??

I really don't get it.

Guest FullMetalDS

this is bs...i got an interview w/ best year 85 (tho my current year will for sure be my best) and DAT 96 RC22, how did emily manage not to...i don't see why they don't disclose their criteria

Guest FullMetalDS

perhaps everyone only competes with those in their own category...say a 2yr student would compete among other 2 yr students, 4th years w/ 4th years, grad students w/ grad students (u get the idea)...

Guest Audio

I get it now. Emily is OOP so that makes things a little different I guess. But still, those are some great stats. Who knows what they did!

Guest qw1222

DHO, I am similar to you.

87 (best 2 years @ Biochem, UofT), TOTAL: 117, RC: 20. Dat Fall 2005.

Hey Audio, I was in the fall DAT Kaplan class. :rollin

Guest Datbooks

Can we send our interview score from another school to western or will they not accept them? I can't find this info anywhere on their website.

Thx.

Guest buzz15

The thing that gets me is the people that have absolutely no shot at getting an acceptance...that is they may have 1 year that is okay but they already know from 1st semester marks that they will not get into the school because of not being able to fulfill the absolute minimum 80% over 2 years...it's BS because it takes away a spot from someone with a couple points less on the DAT that could have a shot because they have much higher marks...I think UWO needs to re-assess how they select who will and who won't get an interview....so yes I am a little bitter about not getting an interview and only getting waitlisted; however, i'm only in 3rd year and know that I can do much better on my next DAT because of lack of preparation for the past November one where I only got an 85

Guest Gattuso19

This is really strange. I don't see any consistency amongst marks and DAT scores for those that got interviews as opposed to those who didn't. They must have set some kind of cutoffs that are concrete otherwise this doesn't make sense - I wonder if Trish would disclose that information.

I have to write the challenge exam too - anyone else in the same boat? I have no clue when we would have to write this or how it works.

I think that they are only interviews 200 and they put roughly 40 on the waitlist. I believe this to be the situation because the people that are waitlisted have good results.

I think Trish needs to come on this board and do some clarifying asap...

Guest eggy88

I'm not sure if this is possible. But could it be that they made a mistake? All the people that should be getting an interview did not....but the people that should not be getting an interview did. ....Just a thought..

Guest sparhawkbeans

Could it have to do with people being right handed or left handed? I recall we had to indicate that on the application...this is fukked...

luckily :rolleyes , (bc invites appear to be so random) I got one....in 4th year, 84 best two years, 108 dat in 2004 (23 RC), from western and uhh...right handed lol

Archived