Premed 101 Forums

UWO interviews

Guest tamkhan1

Guest bebostyle

dat is just that, i know its worth15% but i dotn know what the diff is b/w someone getting a 95 total or 98 total in relation to that 15% , prob not a bigg difference

gpa is converted to % using the avg of the scale, so 3.9 is 87ish..cuz its in the middle of 85-89..anyways, no need to worry about that, they do that part !

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crest vs colgate

I don't get it. I got rejected. My 3rd and 4th year average was 85.2%, Total DAT was 106 (RC 18, BIO 20, CHEM 21, PAT 23, Carving 24), plus i'll be done my masters in time (by June 20). I thought honours grades and masters classes got "bonus points"?... with that I should be even higher. I guess I missed the RC cutoff.

Guess I'll have to write the DAT again and try next year.

Guest Emily44

uoft2005,

I KNOW....fack!

Why bother writing the DAT if it apparently doesn't mean anything. man, they should really tell us what the cutoffs for the interview were.

I just hope a lot of people from ubc drop their spot so i can get off the waitlist.

Did you interview at any other schools?

Guest bebostyle

is a sik dat score...but i guess u gota take it for what its worth...avg is 60% of the component..and i dont think a 4 hour test shoudl really decide your life..but i do feel bad for you..

Guest uoft2005

WTF is going on with all these people getting waitlisted and rejected with GOOD stats...

i really don't wanna do second degree/masters.. LOL

Guest Emily44

I know, i don't want to have to do another degree either, I just want to get in already. Looks like dent is getting super competitive. I'd say it's only going to get harder too.

Guest BeEasyy

Well, I unfortunately can't act as my nickname suggests... :o got declined for an interview, as expected. I'd like to see how many on this forume ppl here are from the double cohort group of applicants. I mean would the double cohort have such profound effect on the admission stats?! this is notz.

Guest bebostyle

a bull s h it way to deal with the double cohort. i dont think they are gona interview beyond the 200-250 they say they will...it wouldn't make sense to if your pool is already that big...

Guest bebostyle

it doesn't say that much, just that you gota signup yourself for the 22nd/23rd wekeend..then it says go read some links..but without providing them..classic !

Guest uoft2005

crest..

it said that i am waitlisted for an interview and if people should drop their interviews, they will select people from the waitlist.. and the waitlist order is confidential.

Guest Audio

I say there's still hope for those waitlisted because UofT comes out with results before Western even interviews so it's likely that many of the same people who have interviews at both schools would pick UofT and just not even attend the Western interview.

Guest acci Dentist

I got an invite!!!!!

Although i am not sure how

Best year at Queen's 79.7

dat 116 RC28 AA25

Oh well.. its best not to question it

Guest shesallDAT

Yeah, got an invite as well! GPA >3.9 OMSAS over 4 years, DAT 115, RC 25...

Does anybody know where those links are? Also, are the campus building usually open on Sundays (I signed up for 23rd at 11:00)?

And, did anyone find out when/where the challenge exam is??

Guest opnbsp

Guys, what could have happened (and I'm JUST assuming) is that they took into consideration the year you wrote the DAT. Which in my opinion akes sense. Perhaps people in general did much better on the DAT in 2005 than 2004, and so they may have compared all 2005's together and all 2004's together. This is just an assumption, but they did mention that in general the DAT was much higher this year, that could be due to differences in the test itself. It could very well be that the people that wrote the DAT this year are just a hell of a lot smarter and now I'm scared who I'm competing with, damn.

Guest tamkhan1

lol..ure rc says it all, man..thats frikking awesome!

but yeah, this year has been crazzy..a lot of people who deserve to be on the list, are not there..

Guest opnbsp

Perhaps if we state what year we wrote the DAT, we can better compare.

Good luck everyone, let's hope UBC and McGill's waitlist moves.

Archived