Premed 101 Forums

Feeling stuck

Hey forum members,

I'm new on here so if I'm asking something that's already been answered, I do apologise.

So I made the mistake of doing my undergraduate studies in a foreign country with lots of grade deflation and I just returned home quite recently. Obviously, this damages my chances of getting into med school. I don't want to spend another 4 years pursuing a second undergraduate degree. I was wondering whether there are certain degree programs certain non-trads like to enrol in that won't take up 3 to 4 years to complete.

Best,

S.

Thanks so much for your reply, Synth1. No, I'm an Ontario resident. Unfortunately my foreign GPA doesn't translate very well and it's on very very low, even though it was one of the highest ones in my year. Unfortunately the Netherlands suffers from grade deflation.

I mean, if there's no other choice than completing a 4 year bachelor's again, then I guess I'll have to suck it up, but I just wish there were alternatives.

there are only 14 english medical schools in Canada, you should look at each one and see what kind of GPA modification policies they have. They change year-by-year. Some may only consider a second degree (even if only 2 years) if meets certain requirements, others will take your best X years, etc. See what your options are. The caveat is that over time grade modification policies are slowly being reduced at most places it seems