Premed 101 Forums

Feelings after 2022 vMMIs?

ceelbe

5 hours ago, MDee2B said:

Really, you think so? I feel like it would be less standardized (and less fair) to have different scenarios across the  different days for applicants in the same category. But as you say, who knows?! :P 

Yeah no it’s just speculation haha based on the reactions I got from other people who felt they did poorly and how they found their experience overall (without obviously disclosing what they actually were or components of it). I just got the impression that it was nothing similar to mine but maybe it’s just because of the difference in how we handled the scenarios it went in a way different direction. No clue! I agree it would be way more fair if we all had the same scenarios, so hopefully that is the case. :) 

1 hour ago, Laly20 said:

My guess is that everyone does the stations in a different order. 

Very possible!! :) 

1 hour ago, SE2018 said:

Does anyone know if we are penalized for running out of time at a station? :(

I'd say you are more likely to not have points for things you wanted to say rather than a "penalty". Considering the little time we have, everyone had more things to say. We're probably on the same boat :)

3 hours ago, ceelbe said:

Yeah no it’s just speculation haha based on the reactions I got from other people who felt they did poorly and how they found their experience overall (without obviously disclosing what they actually were or components of it). I just got the impression that it was nothing similar to mine but maybe it’s just because of the difference in how we handled the scenarios it went in a way different direction. No clue! I agree it would be way more fair if we all had the same scenarios, so hopefully that is the case. :) 

Very possible!! :) 

Based on the reactions I got from other people there are definitely different scenarios between days, just like Casper. So luck is also a factor.

1 hour ago, SE2018 said:

From the info session with McGill ambassador students, many were cut short in their speech in pretty much all their stations, yet here they were.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:34 AM, SE2018 said:

You're usually not expected to "finish" the scenarios to do well because they often put you in situations that can't really be resolved. For example, if the scenario asks you to convince the actor to change their mind about something, it's quite possible their script tells them not to change their minds no matter what you say (this is a bit oversimplified but you get the idea).

And congrats to all for the MMIs, you did it! I wish you all the best :D 

1 hour ago, nvsn said:

Is it normal that every single day that passes I feel worse and worse about my performance in these interviews? haha :unsure:

Definitely normal, you’re not alone haha. I found that once a week had passed I was able to put it behind me thankfully, I think I got tired of overthinking it lol. It’s out of our hands now, only time will tell :) good luck!!