Premed 101 Forums

Feelings after 2022 vMMIs?

ceelbe

Hey guys! Saw a similar post last year that I appreciated reading so figured I’d start the same kinda post this year. It’s only the first few days of interviews so I’m still early, but just checking in to see how people found their MMI, while respecting NDA obviously :) 

Personally, I found that it was very fair and I left it feeling pretty confident, but obviously can’t help but overthink things afterward hahaha. It was my first MMI so I’m curious how others found it. 6 weeks until March 31!

Hey! Immediately after, I felt like I did okay for most stations, but I felt like 1-2 station didn't go too well. But at 10pm, as I was going to bed, I started thinking deeper and realized that 2-3 more stations might have went less good than I thought. At 4am, I felt like I messed up half the stations. I don't know what to expect anymore. The more I think, the more I feel like I made many mistakes. Anyways, fingers crossed!

How about you?

11 minutes ago, GO4Med said:

Hey! Immediately after, I felt like I did okay for most stations, but I felt like 1-2 station didn't go too well. But at 10pm, as I was going to bed, I started thinking deeper and realized that 2-3 more stations might have went less good than I thought. At 4am, I felt like I messed up half the stations. I don't know what to expect anymore. The more I think, the more I feel like I made many mistakes. Anyways, fingers crossed!

How about you?

Ahhh I feel like you completely described the timeline of how all of us feel/will feel :D the joys of overthinking everything.

I personally felt super confident leaving the MMI initially. Then as I started over thinking it I said ok maybe like 2 were average, 1 was meh but then all the rest I really feel good about, even after over thinking it so we’ll see. 

9 hours ago, jashering said:

I do wonder how they grade the questions. Like do they rank us against the other people interviewing that day? Or is there a score for each station and your total determines your rank among all candidates? Not sure if anyone will know but am really curious!

My guess is the latter.

your first proposal implies that there’s a certain number of offers of admission reserved for each day of interviewees. That would be the case if you were ranked and pitted against only those applicants who interviewed the same day as you, and not everybody else. Adcom would then allocate a certain number of spots to the top performers from each day of interviews, no matter how well/poorly they performed. This seems unlikely imo.

for example, suppose on day 1 of interviews, every single applicant tanks and gets red flags thrown all over the place. If you were only ranked compared to those who interviewed the same day as you, this would suggest that you could still be admitted if you tanked your interview on day 1 but simply got less red flags and tanked less badly than everybody else on that day. Again, I don’t know, but this seems unlikely imo.

i think your second suggestion seems more reasonable and fair.

7 hours ago, MDee2B said:

My guess is the latter.

your first proposal implies that there’s a certain number of offers of admission reserved for each day of interviewees. That would be the case if you were ranked and pitted against only those applicants who interviewed the same day as you, and not everybody else. Adcom would then allocate a certain number of spots to the top performers from each day of interviews, no matter how well/poorly they performed. This seems unlikely imo.

for example, suppose on day 1 of interviews, every single applicant tanks and gets red flags thrown all over the place. If you were only ranked compared to those who interviewed the same day as you, this would suggest that you could still be admitted if you tanked your interview on day 1 but simply got less red flags and tanked less badly than everybody else on that day. Again, I don’t know, but this seems unlikely imo.

i think your second suggestion seems more reasonable and fair.

I agree, and hope that's the case!

3 hours ago, fluffybunnyyyyy said:

for the friday interviewees, how did people find it?

I'd say morning was easier than afternoon. I agree that it was overall difficult but fair. I have a good feeling about my performance in general!

I'm just so happy to be done with it even if it was a fun experience

EDIT: got the campus form at 5:00 pm

1 hour ago, Laly20 said:

I'd say morning was easier than afternoon. I agree that it was overall difficult but fair. I have a good feeling about my performance in general!

I'm just so happy to be done with it even if it was a fun experience

EDIT: got the campus form at 5:00 pm

Are there different scenarios between mornings and afternoons? I thought everyone did the same scenarios

9 hours ago, ceelbe said:

I feel like scenarios changed on a daily basis or something though but who knows

Really, you think so? I feel like it would be less standardized (and less fair) to have different scenarios across the  different days for applicants in the same category. But as you say, who knows?! :P 

good luck to everybody! What’s done is done :)