Premed 101 Forums

UofT acceptance/waitlist/reject class of 2026

accepted/rejected/waitlisted: waitlisted

gpa: 3.98

DAT (AA/PAT): 22/21

Casper: 2nd

IP/OOP: IP

interview thoughts: Felt average after the interview, it lasted 25 minutes in total. As I thought more about my answers in the following days, I picked out a lot of things I said that I would change.

accepted/rejected/waitlisted: accepted!!!

gpa: 3.91

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/22

Casper: 2nd Q :wacko:

IP/OOP: IP 3rd year Undergrad

interview thoughts: Felt decent, I was able to connect with one of the interviewers very well, although that left them to ask me a very difficult ethics-based question. My interview was only 14 minutes which got me a bit worried at first but many others did not get close to 30 minutes either.

accepted/rejected/waitlisted: accepted!!!

gpa: 3.98

DAT (AA/PAT): 21/21

Casper: 4th Q 

IP/OOP: IP 4th year Undergrad

interview thoughts: felt super super great! Was really conversational and they asked about 5-6 followups questions total rather than just the 2 they said they would. Interview lasted almost 23 minutes and they were super enthusiastic the whole time!! Honestly the interview was my favourite part of the whole experience. So excited to meet you all next year!! 

accepted/rejected/waitlisted: accepted

gpa: 3.85 (undergrad) 

In my final year of thesis-based masters with 4.0 gpa so far but I'm not sure if they count that.

DAT (AA/PAT): 22/21

Casper: 3rd Q 

interview thoughts: I felt comfortable during the interview. I honestly tried to be myself and say whatever came naturally to me. I have been rejected by UofT twice before reciving an interview this year and after an interview at western before doing my masters. After that expereince, I knew that I needed to practice and do better at conveying my thoughts and to show them that I have what it takes to be a dentist. If you have been rejected, please do not give up! Learn as much as you can about the profession and about yourself before the interview next time. By doing this, you will certainly be able to handle any question they pose to you. 

accepted/rejected/waitlisted: Accepted

gpa: 3.99 BSc, 3.75 MSc (just finishing my thesis rn)

DAT (AA/PAT): 24/22

Casper: 3rd Quartile

interview thoughts: Super fun. Was about 13 mins long and I ended up asking them 3 questions after that. Could've answered a bit better but I did no prep. I was just myself and answered honestly with some thought. Complemented my interviewer's hair at the start so that might've gave me bonus points :)

Going to ask for a deferral to complete my MSc. Not sure why the admissions' personnel went on vacation during this critical time so might have to reach out to Dr. Haas or someone else to ask for the deferral. I hope they give it to me. 

21 hours ago, toothbetold said:

Did anyone else email back the reply slip indicating your acceptance of their offer yet? I heard you can do it via email but I got an automatic email saying they're back in office March 13 (but the deadline is March 11). Should I also physically mail the slip? :o 

I think I'm going to physically mail it in using Canada Post! 

2 hours ago, toothbetold said:

Has there been any waitlist movement? A few of my friends are on the waitlist but I feel like it'd be insensitive to ask them about it :( I really am hoping they get in - please let me know!!

Hey, 

I am currently on the waitlist. So far no movement. I dont expect to be any major movement until some important deadlines dates arrive (ie: First deposit date, Med school acceptances, Acceptances from other dental schools).

On 2/19/2022 at 3:55 PM, toothbetold said:

Did anyone else email back the reply slip indicating your acceptance of their offer yet? I heard you can do it via email but I got an automatic email saying they're back in office March 13 (but the deadline is March 11). Should I also physically mail the slip? :o 

I emailed acceptance and they said they have received the email I did not get an automatic response. Did you email it to the admissions email. I also mailed a hard copy just to be safe.

13 hours ago, Horace Wells said:

I emailed acceptance and they said they have received the email I did not get an automatic response. Did you email it to the admissions email. I also mailed a hard copy just to be safe.

Super smart - if by the end of today, I don't get a response I'm going to mail a physical copy as well. I think those who responded to the acceptance email the day of (I did it the next day) got a response back. Thank you!