Premed 101 Forums

U of T Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2022

• 1234561234 changed the title to U of T Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2022
1 minute ago, HBSR123 said:

Some schools will post on OMSAS at 12 am but all schools will also send an email later on, I believe. 

Thanks will check OMSAS at midnigh. I am waiting to hear from UofT and uOttawa, will be an anxious night and morning.

Good luck everyone.

10 minutes ago, HopeDoc said:

Same offer on OMSAS. When I click on offer, it says TMR code, whatever it means?, just happy with an offer. Congrats if u already got an offer otherwise best of luck, it's so nerve wrecking, can't fall asleep. 

Congrats!! I think TMR might be Mississauga campus? Mine says TDR which I'm guessing stands for Downtown/St George

5 hours ago, deletus_repeatus said:

Congrats!! I think TMR might be Mississauga campus? Mine says TDR which I'm guessing stands for Downtown/St George

Congrats to you as well. Sorry mine also says TDR, I misspelled earlier. It may mean Toronto Downtown Region. 

6 hours ago, deletus_repeatus said:

Congrats to you as well. Sorry mine also says TDR, I misspelled earlier. It may mean Toronto Downtown Region. 

Want to share this for future applicants with lower than 3.9+ GPA!! I'd say getting a research master definitely increased my chance since I didn't get an interview last year in the middle of my MSc. Also having UofT med students to read and edit my essays, and practice interviews with them definitely helped a lot.

Result: Accept!

Timestamp: OMSAS 12:00; Email 10:30am

wGPA/cGPAcGPA 3.79, not eligible for wGPA but did write AEE (!!!)

MCAT: 514 (130/128/128/128)

ECs: Several long term volunteers in mental health roles, shorter-term volunteer in hospitals, a few research pub from Master's, research and work experiences

Essays: I'm never confident about my essay-writing but had med students and friends help editing them. Tried to have a coherent story and be concise for every ones. Covered different clusters for 2 BPEs and chose an activity that covers all clusters for ABS.

Interview: Honestly don't remember what I answered at all... But I remember losting my words and being stumbled through the first two stations. But I was able to connect to personal stories that I practiced for 3 out of 4 stations. So didn't feel too bad about it.

Year: Graduated from HBSc in 2019 and MSc in 2021, currently working

Geography: IP

• 2 weeks later...