Premed 101 Forums

NOSM Waitlist 2022 Application Round

6 hours ago, Northerndoglovingnurse said:

Have we heard of anymore movement? I haven’t seen any on the forums. Anyone have other information? 

I haven’t heard of any movement either. It seems like OOP schools are just releasing info (UofM today) so maybe folks were waiting to hear back?

Hopefully there’s movement here soon. 

Has anyone inquired about whether we could learn our ranking? If I’m 59th on the list, hypothetically, my chances are trash and I could just move on with my life… Them not releasing the ranking is so unnecessarily cruel, with such a long list. Like half of us for sure won’t get off the list, at least…

21 minutes ago, Northern96 said:

Has anyone inquired about whether we could learn our ranking? If I’m 59th on the list, hypothetically, my chances are trash and I could just move on with my life… Them not releasing the ranking is so unnecessarily cruel, with such a long list. Like half of us for sure won’t get off the list, at least…

Yup they only changed to this recently. My guess is to match other schools in this aspect. Sadly I don’t think there’s any way for us to determine our spot unless we had a few more people explain the time at which they got the email and their last name. 

Hey everyone! I’m also waitlisted, my last name starts with H, time stamped 8:04.

I keep checking here for updates like everyone else but I am also fortunate to have friends at NOSM. That’s what happens when you apply 5 times lol. It is my first time on the waitlist. 

The info that I know is that so far 19 people have introduced themselves in the Facebook group. I know of two more people who have been accepted and are not yet in the group. This makes 21. I am also told by my friends that around 15-20 people usually get in off of the waitlist each year. Last year was 25, the year prior was an abnormal 8 (I also did a deep dive in the forum to check that this is accurate). 

Lastly, I am told that much as is written here the most movement occurs in the first two weeks. Some get in a couple days later and some into early June. The first weekend after D day seems to be the time where most people make their decisions. The accepted students have until the 26th to decide and then until the 30th to pay the 1000$ deposit. Some may be on other waitlists and may accept NOSM but give up their spot to go elsewhere (this is where the later waitlist movement occurs).

I hope everyone is doing alright, don’t worry, you’ll get in eventually!