Premed 101 Forums

Anyone accepted (or at least called for MEM) into ulaval med from cegep with an r score of 33 or less and a casper in the 4th quartile?

Shrek

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone who applied as a college student for the fall 2022 semester got accepted or called to MEMs with a minimum r score (32-33 ish) but with a killer casper (in the 4th quartile). My r score right now is barely enough and I want to see if my admission is still achievable or realistic if I ace the casper.

Thank you all in advance!

Hi!

if you don’t meet the minimum r score requirement, which is 33, you won’t even be considered for the application process.

if you have 33 and above, you can apply to ulaval and still have a good shot (100% casper to be invited to the interviews)

the other faculties tend to look more at the grades (60% grade vs 40% casper for udem; 70% grade vs 30% casper for udes) so it’s really harder to predict.

good luck!!!

Hi! My R-Score was right above 33 and with a CASPer in the 4th quartile (that I think I did pretty good) I got invited to the MEMs of ULaval. I knew my only shot was at Laval, so I put all my focus into practicing for the CASPer more than a month and a half in advance and I would practice every day for at least 30mins to an hour.

Honestly don’t give up if your R-Score is in the lower range and put all of your efforts into the CASPer! You can DM me if you have any questions with the CASPer :)

On 9/10/2022 at 10:28 PM, Shrek said:

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone who applied as a college student for the fall 2022 semester got accepted or called to MEMs with a minimum r score (32-33 ish) but with a killer casper (in the 4th quartile). My r score right now is barely enough and I want to see if my admission is still achievable or realistic if I ace the casper.

Thank you all in advance!

Hello! 

Unfortunately it's a minimum threshhold. They check files step by step; and step 1 is to see if the candidate has the 33,000 mininum. If so, he moved to the second step where his casper score will be taken to consideration. Otherwise, casper score isn't even looked at.