Premed 101 Forums

Full time course load

Hello. I have a question about how my GPA would be calculated at U of Ottawa, given that my course schedule during undergrad was a bit unique. GPA is using OMSAS numbers. 

Year 1: 13 courses (7 semester 1, 6 semester 2), GPA 3.78

Summer after year 1: 2 summer courses, GPA 3.95

Year 2: 8 courses (4 in semester 1, 4 in semester 2), GPA: 3.95

Summer after year 2: 2 summer courses, GPA: 4 & 4

Year 3: 10 courses (4 in semester 1, 4 in semester 2), GPA: 3.91

Year 4: 6 courses, (4 in semester 1, 2 in semester 2), GPA: 3.98 (in 5 courses, 1 was pass/fail). 

The reason why my course load was low in the last year has to do with the requirements of my degree: I was in nursing school and most of my last year was spent doing clinical placement hours, the scheduling of which precluded taking other courses. My question is, how will they calculate my GPA? They say they only look at your last 3 full time years of work, so would my last year of undergrad not be counted, as it isn't full time? The real kicker is that I did complete a total of 120 credits across the entire degree, due to the 3 extra courses in the regular year 1 and 2 summer courses after year 1, but would those carry over to 4th year, or do I just have to apply on my first 3 years? The CGPA from those years isn't God-awful, but I doubt it's competitive either. Any insight is greatly appreciated.