Premed 101 Forums

Confused MS3 booking electives soon

11 hours ago, Ernest Therriault said:

''Things like hyponatremia really excite me''

You know what you gotta do !!!

This was basically my immediate reaction as well. I don't think any specialty other than internal medicine gets excited by hyponatremia.

That being said if you like critical thinking and acuity, have you considered anesthesia?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 5:20 AM, robclem21 said:

This was basically my immediate reaction as well. I don't think any specialty other than internal medicine gets excited by hyponatremia.

That being said if you like critical thinking and acuity, have you considered anesthesia?

what critical thinking is involved in anesthesia, if you don't mind me asking? I found most of the rotation very straightforward with little deviance, but of course I was only there for a couple of weeks

1 hour ago, whatdoido said:

what critical thinking is involved in anesthesia, if you don't mind me asking? I found most of the rotation very straightforward with little deviance, but of course I was only there for a couple of weeks

When a patient is crashing, you have to be quick about thinking it through and figuring things out afaik. Algorithm for ddx questions, but that only takes you so far