Premed 101 Forums

How many doors do I have open?

Hello.

I just finished my first semester in Cegep, still didn't receive final grades or R-Score, but I am very pessimistic in nature and just convince myself that the worst will happen. Either ways, my semester has been calm, too calm even, which makes me think that something bad is going to happen soon. 

I want to know what doors I have open to go to Med, whether here or internationally, wherever in the globe, I really don't care how far it is or anything. I heard that many people go to Ireland, to the Caribbean, there is also the US and the Middle East. Can anyone give me a glimpse of universities to which I could apply and where? and also explain the system of application and requirements? Since I am a cegep student, I am much more restricted in what pertains to MCAT and other exams, since we only have the Casper. 

I really don't care about how far the university is, or anything else for that matter. I am desperate to find any possible opportunity. I would appreciate any help in that regard.

12 hours ago, dooogs said:

Keep focusing on getting good grades and try do some hobbies or volunteering. It’s best if you are able to work through the anxiety now or it will get worse during this process 

Thanks, I believe that my CV is really good, because I have hundreds of hours of volunteering and experience in fundraising, because I am a president of the collegial branch of an international humanitarian organisation in Quebec. What makes me afraid though is that my CV and my experience won't have any impact on applications, because ULaval, UdeM and Sherbrooke don't look at it. I will keep doing my best though and will wait for my grades for now.

Relax! I did exceedingly well in h.s., poorly in Cegep, went to university where I became a straight A student and got into medical school after undergrad. Today, I am a surgeon. Thinking of studying abroad is not realistic nor necessary. Study smart for you at this stage, and going to university for undergrad is the norm for students in all other provinces.

This was my undergrad studies.