Premed 101 Forums

OOP quota system

Guest dentisthopeful

Guest dentisthopeful

For admission to U of T Medical School, is there a quota on OOP students? I know there is a max. 10% quota for dental school there. Also, is there an OOP quota for every medical school in the country?

Guest aneliz

I am not aware of there being any OOP quotas at UofT med school...there wasn't when I applied there, but things might have changed.

I can tell you *for sure* that there is no OOP quota at UWO. All applicants are considered together in a single quota for all 133 seats. No different cuts, no different rules, no quotas.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

During one of this year's UofT interview weekends, it was mentioned that all Canadian applicants are treated equally, i.e., that there are no out-of-province quotas.

As for other schools, yes, some certainly do have such quotas, e.g., UBC (currently, 5 entrants) and Calgary (currently, 10), off the top of my head. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Steve U of T

I think most, if not all, medical schools outside Ontario have OOP quotas, while those in Ontario do not. It seems as if they are trying to keep Ontario residents in Ontario, while there is encouragement (or at least no disadvantage) for OOP students to come to Ontario.

Archived