Premed 101 Forums

*** The Saskatchewan Forum Quiz ***

Guest saskmedman

Guest CaesarCornelius

Im going to take a stab at this one.

( there are several assumptions, so please bear with me)

Lets assume that Ian did not place them in alternating order, say he placed the hats in the following order:

BWW/B

Who would call out the answer? well of course saskmedman would. Could clearly see that drbones and insomniac had the same colour hat and since there were only 2 of each type of hat, then saskmed man would (of course) deduce that he was wearing a black hat.

But Ian didn't spend hours digging those pits for a simple answer.

Arranging them WBW/B makes saskmedman unsure as to whether or not he is wearing a black or white hat since drbones and insomniac are wearing different colored hats.

So, DrBones (who is the only other possibility really) must be the one who says the color of his/her hat. She/He knows that they are wearing a black hat because since saskmedman hesistated he inferred that to mean his/her hat and insomniacs were of different colors. Since he/she can see that insomniacs hat is white, his/hers must be black.

Therefore, DrBones says "Black". I hope i didn't get colors/names all confused while doing this. It took some paper to figure out..:)

How's that?

p.s. Thank you for distracting me from my excrutiatingly boring summer job.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saskmedman

My answer would be the same as Caesar's. How do you guys get in so fast? What a neat question though bearman! I feel so special being a part of it!

Guest bearman14

The problem with posing these types of questions on this forum is that you're dealing with a lot of extremely intelligent people! What would take many people hours of deduction takes you a few minutes. Nice work CC!!

On to you.... again.

Bearman

Guest CaesarCornelius

What is the next series of numbers? (this one has a very neat solution....)

rationale:

You given one "1" one "3" two "1" three "2" and one "1" in the above sequence hence the answer for the next set is as stated by lactic folly

1 1 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 1

Try reading the above numbers like a combination and it will represent the number of numbers in the sequence.

:D

EMHC

Guest saskmedman

Bearman,

These take me hours of deduction, and I still can't get them right!:P Some of us are less brilliant than others I guess.

Rod

Guest CaesarCornelius

Good job you guys. I really like that one.

I guess Lactic is wearing the hat..:hat

CC

p.s. Its raining today, so it should be an EXTRA booooooring day..

Guest Lactic Folly

EMHC can post the next question in the rotation :) (I had seen that riddle before.. that's why I didn't post the complete answer ;) )

Here's one on the side though, this time a word riddle:

As a whole, I am both safe and secure.

Behead me, and I become a place of meeting.

Behead me again, and I am the partner of ready.

Restore me, and I become the domain of beasts.

What am I?

Guest CaesarCornelius

Lactic, I am still pondering your riddle. I'm sure it will be good.

Here is a nice one as well:

Who makes it, has no need of it. Who buys it, has no use for it. Who uses it can neither see nor feel it.

What is it??

CC

Guest Jerika81

Not sure if this is it but I'll hazard a guess.

The vowel in each word can be replaced by any other vowel and it will still make a word.

I think this works for all of them except Poll, Pell and Pall are not words I'm familiar with...

Guest Jerika81

OK, I still have a riddle in store but I'll go with trivia since we haven't had one in a while.

This is a two part question (to make things a little more difficult) and you have to get both parts right.

Find a picture of:

1)A type of white bear that is not a polar bear.

and

2)An animal that looks like a cross between a pig and an anteater, and is a member of the same animal family as the horse and rhinocerous.

Guest Jerika81

Wow, that was fast.

Did you actually have to look or did you already know?

I thought these were both pretty cool endangered species. I actually ran in to a tapir when I was in the Amazon a few months ago and it was the funniest thing I ever saw. It must have liked how I smelled or something because it followed me around one night when I was walking to the dining hut. Then the next night it was waiting outside my sleeping hut before I went to dinner and followed me there again. It's hooves made these cloping noises on the wooden pathway that sounded like a little horse following me.

I actually thought the cross between a pig and anteater clue would make this difficult, as that was how I personally described it, but apparently I'm not alone in my description as you found a website describing it in the same way. :D

Well Peachy, I guess you're the new quiz master, hopefully you can come up with something that takes people a while to figure out, but it's definitly hard with this crowd...

Guest peachy

I looked them up :) Sounds like a pretty cool story, though! Funny about the pig/anteater - I would never have found it if that page hadn't said it... I figure that that was your source.

How about...

What is Canada's oldest medical school?

What is Canada's newest medical school? (OTHER than NOMS)

Include a source, 'cause I don't know the answers!

Archived