Premed 101 Forums

wait list is moving...

Guest nursetobedoc

Guest NurseNathalie

I tend to agree with Freddie...

I would be extremely surprised if there weren't more changes before September... so, don't give up hope yet! I promise I won't sing until September- ha ha :evil

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dogpaddler09

E-mail from NOMS this a.m. says that offers to 23 have been made. I was hoping for a little more movement but still keeping my fingers crossed. So far no one is singing ...

Guest opiedog

They didn't say how many position are unfilled, but if they sent out three to five more offers (either 19-23, or 21-23 depending on whose count you use), it would seem likely that there are still 3-5 openings. It would be interesting to know if either/or campus was filled yet.

It sure is nice to recieve their updates though:) This summer is flying by but crawling at the same time!

Guest KerriD

Hey,

just thought I'd let those waiting know that I was told by the school again that they don't think that the wait list will move much beyond #23 as they almost have the 56 spots filled. I know a lot can happen etc, etc, but when I heard that coming directly from the school, I decided to start thinking about what ELSE I plan on doing this year! =)

Guest opiedog

KerriD, I can't remember if you mentioned what your waitlist position in, but will keep my fingers crossed for you.

My position...currently I am in a kneeled down prayer position with my finger nails totally chewed off.

Guest KerriD

haha. well your sense of humour will carry you through. I'm #40 on the wait list of 53, so not a hope in you know what...lol. ah well. Everything happens for a reason and all that cliche stuff. I'm going to re-apply. Look at it as a really good sign that you have what they are looking for because you were wait listed. It's encouraging.

Guest Freddie LeG

Hey Opie, Fingers crossed for you!!!:D

Hey Kerri,

I know how frustrated you are but EASE UP on the negative posts! The school has no idea how much it is going to move! Based on the other 5 Ontario schools the average waitlist progression over the past 5 years range from around 20-75% of the class. That means 11-42 NOMS waitlisters! Who knows how far it will go but movement always happens during the summer. There is still hope!

Guest KerriD

sorry you feel my posts are negative. I thought it was very appropriate to report what I had been told by the associate dean at the school, Dr. Konkin. I like to keep things in perspective.

Thanks!

Guest Kidha

Keri i don't think i could see the waitlist moving too much. I hope it does for you though! My reasoning is based on the fact that many of those admitted and those waitlisted are from the Northern Ontario region. Many of these people might want to stay in northern ontario and also many might not have offers elsewhere. They get bonus points that puts them at an advantage at NOSM whereas other schools it doesn't. So for many NOSM maybe their only shot. I hope it does move for the waitlisters its so hard waiting all day. I look at it this way....stay positive....waiting is not a big deal...its the final response that is more important.

best of luck to all!

Guest KerriD

Thanks Kidha. =)

I've had similar thoughts on that. However, at the risk of making a NEGATIVE post (lol), I'll let you do the talking on this one. I wish everyone good luck. =)

Guest NurseNathalie

I thought waiting until the 31st of May was excrutiating... I couldn't even IMAGINE what it would be like by this time! hang in there, you never know how things will turn out!

Kerri, I think it is wise to not give up hope, but at the same time to start realistically looking at your other options (as you have done).

maybe we should start a betting pool??!! lol..

I forsee another 3 spots moving before the second week of September, myself... um.. where's my crystal ball! lol (just a guess, of course)

Guest opiedog

Nope, not a peep yet. I know that Loretta is on holidays this week though, so maybe there will be more emails out next week. This is really good for the diet (a positive thing); suddenly I need to go out for lots of walks and am not very hungry!!

Guest KerriD

Wow Opiedog!

That's fantastic. I'm really happy for you. This will be great for your family too. Things do have a way of working themselves out! =) All the best.

Kerri

Guest opiedog

Thanks KerriD:) This is far too exciting to be real yet! I will keep my fingers crossed for you too. I really appreciate the e-support and e-company you have offered through all of this.

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

Congrats opiedog!

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFC2/MH/HNgbK3bC2wRApdDAJ9WyNWIGsEzcwoJSlcwRKgPjQv9/wCfXvWA

ny47KX6jzs9QEoXmAUudbbE=

=U5q3

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Guest jmh2005

Congrats OPIE!! I had a feeling they would get to you...hang in the rest of you in the mid to late 20's, you just never know...:eek

Guest tirisa

Congrats Opiedog. That's fantastic. Have a great time.

Best of luck to those of us still on the waitlist. I'm still secretly hoping that they will decide to increase the class size by 5 or so... but sadly, I know it won't happen. Congrats to those of you who made it though.

Cheers,

Tirisa

Guest NurseNathalie

woohooooo!!!!

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! :D

Opiedog..thats just wonderful news! you must be so happy! good for you!

good luck to everyone else on the wait list.. there will be more changes before the end of summer, im sure

nat

Archived