Premed 101 Forums

Keep textbooks from undergrad?

I dunno. I did keep some of my textbooks. I think that a basic physiology textbook (such as Guyton and Hall's Medical Physiology), an anatomy book (like Moore's), and an anatomy atlas (like Netter's) are worth keeping. Some people also like having a cell biology textbook and a biochemistry book to refer to initially although not necessary. And, the recommended embryology textbook is Langman's. So, if you happen to own a copy, you should hold on to it.

You will soon discover that it is much easier and time efficient to use consolidated review texts for most of the material you covered in undergrad (i.e. biochem/physiology) vs. the actual big textbook. I have BRS physiology and Golgan's Pathology, and these books review things in an outline format that covers all of the important information you will need to know. You have to keep in mind that out of 40+ lectures in a given block, less than 10 will be on basic science (for the most part), and they only test you on the stuff in the course pack (for the most part), so you will only need a textbook as a reference for the things you don't understand, or things you need to review (i.e. anatomy).

Treg (CD4CD25)

Archived