Premed 101 Forums

Heard back from Ottawa yet?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings all--

this is my very first post.

I'm anxiouslywaiting on a reply from ottawa

I'm from ottawa and haven't heard anything yet...

I'm really nervous that everyone who's getting an interview heard today, and there will be like a few others depending on who backs out---

Or do you guys think they have ranked people based on geographical location- I mean I don't get how the system is working--- but I reallywant an interview--- IMAGINE the rest of us are waiting on maybe 2 interview spots till feb9th? I want to cry out loud.

my2cents

med hopeful

For the folks who got interviews.. feel free to contact the people on the contact list! We signed up for a reason! But be warned.. mass mailing the entire list asking what was asked during our interviews is not cool. (I say it cause someone decided to give it a shot last year)

Hey guys,

I had an idea, for the people who have recieved invitations would you mind sharing the 1st letter of your last name? perhaps they've started with As, or Z's, or they've rank ordered based on GPA?

cheers

Well, my last name starts with an "A," but I don't think that has anything to do with it. :)

maybe it does...

If a lot of people are A's and B's and C's, then it's likely the case b/c I heard that ottawa u does their interviews based on first letter of last name groups, therefore A's would go first and then Bs etc... If that is the case then your interview day should be like the feb 28 or Mar1, early in their interview days... In which case I'm screwed b/c I'm an A too and got NOTHING...

Don't give up until your rejection letter is sitting in your hot little hand.

Is it possible that they are emailing OOPs and people who will have to make more complex travel arrangements first?

To reiterate (sp?) what OT6 said, feel free to contact us. We're a good bunch and we may be able to allay some of your fears or simply answer some questions for you.

Yay!! I am so excited for everyone. We'll have classes when you guys are sitting there waiting with squiggly tummies, so we'll definitely stop by to say hi.

Hey all.....

I would relax a bit....just because you didnt recieve an invite today does not mean you do not have an interview at Ottawa...I spoke to the admissions lady today and she said that they are sending the invitations throughout this week.....she said that everyone will know their status by Feb9th...ie if you were rejected or received an interview......

Archived