Premed 101 Forums

Heard back from Ottawa yet?

i remember that last year not all cases - but most of which i knew:

THe invites came on the friday, and the rejections the following week :(

I remember checking my email that Friday when people were getting them, and i came up empty. Then again, I was a 3rd year out of ottawa applicant.

I was also a 3rd year OOP, but I'm pretty sure I got the rejection the same day as people got invites. Hmm.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's official.. I'm going crazy. I have MSN on.. I keep checking it and then I get excited when I have a new email.... but, I keep getting soooo much spam!! AAAHHHH.. I keep thinking I have a new email! The last one was for penile implants!!!

Ok, sorry to vent. No news yet :rolleyes:

Chrail

Ok, it's 4:00 pm.. I officially quit refreshing my browser until Monday. And, since I work Monday, I won't be able to check until I get home at 8:30pm.

Seriously.. this waiting is the best diet ever:rolleyes: .

Get some well deserved rest this weekend everyone!

Chrail

I know I posted this before.. but the INVITES for interviews went out on the 27th the last 2 years in a row (one year it was a thursday, the next a friday). I got a rejection letter last year on the 2nd of february.. so the wednesday after the friday invites last year. I don't know when the rejections went out the year before that, though. I literally have my best friends invitations for interviews forwarded to me in my email account from the past 2 years from U of O (yeah, she stored them in her email account.. she's a touch neurotic, but it's helpful in this case ;) ).. and they're both dated January 27th.. so the date is accurate.

So, yeah.. like I said earlier.. I'm betting with OT6... Monday will be the day for invites since the 27th falls on a saturday this year.. probably the rejections will come out later that same week.

Take good care of yourselves this weekend! I'm going to stay busy ;) .

Jess xo

I'm beyond terrified too Jess. I'm off to watch tv and nurse a pretty ridiculous hangover from last night (had to find some way to pass the time this weekend ;) ).

I won't be on the board at all tomorrow until at least 830pm.. soooo ...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! And please, please, please don't forget that although Ottawa uses the 48 point sketch.. the entire process has a lot of luck to it (as we are all very aware). If anyone (myself included) does not obtain an interview offer, it certainly does not mean that they are an unqualified applicant.

At least the waiting game is almost over :rolleyes: .

Chrail

Archived