Premed 101 Forums

Heard back from Ottawa yet?

For all of you with the ottawa invite: What is the confirmation deadline? If it is feb.4, 5, 6 for example, it would make sense that they'd use those extra days to give more interview spots because they'd know all their cancellations by then. If the confirmation deadline is feb.9, then it is likely that more invites will be going out, regardless of who declines.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For all of you with the ottawa invite: What is the confirmation deadline? If it is feb.4, 5, 6 for example, it would make sense that they'd use those extra days to give more interview spots because they'd know all their cancellations by then. If the confirmation deadline is feb.9, then it is likely that more invites will be going out, regardless of who declines.

It's Feb. 9.

here's an idea...

someone should try and ask admissions point BLANK:

IF PERSON X HAS YET TO HEAR- DOES THIS MEAN THEY ARE 100% REJECTED and the wait is because you are providing reasons... OR IS THERE A WAITLIST FOR INTERVIEWS FOR PEOPLE WHO BACK OUT AND THAT"S WHY WE ARE WAITING STILL...?

OTTAWA HAS NEVER HAD A WAITLIST FOR INTERVIEW , at least not a formal one like MAC or Mcgill... I think they owe to us to tell us that's the reason don't you guys?

OT6-

sorry- I didn't mean to diss you/ no hard feelings I hope.

I know it's addicting, but you should probably take a break from the boards. You sound really nervous and excited about this whole process. Sooner, or later, you WILL get an e-mail. It's hard to be patient (trust me, I know, I've been through this before), but asking a billion questions that no one can give a straight answer to isn't going to make the waiting time any shorter.

Good luck with your application(s)!

here's an idea...

someone should try and ask admissions point BLANK:

IF PERSON X HAS YET TO HEAR- DOES THIS MEAN THEY ARE 100% REJECTED and the wait is because you are providing reasons... OR IS THERE A WAITLIST FOR INTERVIEWS FOR PEOPLE WHO BACK OUT AND THAT"S WHY WE ARE WAITING STILL...?

OTTAWA HAS NEVER HAD A WAITLIST FOR INTERVIEW , at least not a formal one like MAC or Mcgill... I think they owe to us to tell us that's the reason don't you guys?

Snap! If you haven't heard back it's not 100% likely you have been rejected but the odds defintely are not in your favour (sorry for being blunt). The wait isn't because they are providing reasons, unfortunately the rejection letters don't state what aspect of you application lead to a rejection (likely because of the large number of applicants).

The only people who know why the other letters haven't been sent out are the admissions people despite what everyone has heard from a friend of a friend.

Like a few others suggested in this thread, you should probably log off and go partake in a few of the activities you do to relax. I understand how stressful the application process is and believe me, medicine isn't a career that becomes less stressful as you go on. Just try and relax, the faculty at UO isn't out to get you. Being able to constructively cope with stress is essential for this profession - as others have suggested.

To all of you coming for interviews, we look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions about the school, city, and/or program don't hesitate to drop me a line!

My apologies. I meant in specific feedback in regards to "we feel that you should partake in more research/EC/volunteering/knitting" or feedback into things they didn't like specifically on your application "although your interest in toe fungus consumption is unique...." rather than the generic academic/sketch requirements.

Update: Unless anyone drops out of their interview, the rest of the emails should be refusal letters*. No clue when they'll be sent out.. but before next Friday.

*I've gotten "inside" word before and it's been a bit wrong, but this is what I know right now.

Archived