Premed 101 Forums

MMI Practice Sessions?

TBJ1

thanks ccoh...man do I hate parking in TO... ick...oh well, at least if I'm really late you'll know what I've been doing, racing other angry people to the last parking spot...:) I've just prepared my questions and scenarios for tomorrow!! be prepared to be challenged;)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Momo, you can also try http://www.greenp.com at the college-bathurst lots or the king-university lot. waaaaaay cheaper (i'm always looking at the cheap things in TO haha), but nto as convenient. TGH is walkable (10-15 minutes) from there, maybe less, or you can take the subway up university, or the streetcar across college. I'll pm my cell # to you in case you get lost ;)

Hi everyone! :)

I am new to this board and found it interesting that people are getting together to practice sample interview scenarios. May I join any of you tomorrow or Thrusday? If so, where and when is the meeting?

Thanks a bunch!

so far, i am under the impression there are 2 practice sessions taking place on thursday: one at 2pm (where is everyone meeting?) and another at 5:30 in front of Starbucks at Sick Kids. I can most likely make it to both; i figure the more the practice, the better.

can someone let me know about the meeting place for the thurs, 2pm session though? thanks!

There is also one tomorrow, starting at 11:15 at Toronto General Hospital.

momo, it's not a stupid question at all because I don't think we ever confirmed it lol My understanding was that we're meeting in front of the Starbucks but may go to the Patient Louge (wherever that is, I don't even know) if Starbucks doesn't turn out to be very convenient. But if we do end up going to a different place we'll need to let the late comers know where to find us somehow. Perhaps it's a good idea to fix a location (meeting and staying there) now so that nobody gets confused. I'm not too familiar with TGH, any suggestions? From what i can remember, though, the lobby (where the Starbucks is) is quite crowded during the day..

FOR THE WEDNESDAY (TOMORROW) 11:15 a.m. GROUP:

LOL ok how about this?

I think kitty originally said Starbucks at TGH, which makes sense as a meeting spot. At 11: 15 a.m.

I am not arriving until 12:30-1 p.m. and now ccoh kindly made arrangements to inform me where you guys will be if it's not at Starbucks. But how about you guys just meet there, and if you have to move, then hopefully I'll be able to find you guys!! Now, if there are others arriving late though...I am really not familiar with TGH or Sick Kids so I really should not be getting into this LOL but I'm nosy, what can I do. If you have to stay at Starbucks until 12:30 or whenever us stragglers come in that'd be appreciated, an dmaybe then we can move if we have to?

So 11:15 a.m., starbucks at TGH. Now, if you are arriving late like me (around 1ish), just pm me and I'll see if I can hook you up wiht some contact info so that you can find us!!). Does that work?

Dear all,

Lets meet at Starbucks TGH around 11:15. Starbucks will be crowded at that time but we will move to the Patient Court (on the 4th floor taking the West elevators). The infornation desk will be able to guide you and there will people who will help you get there. Momo, I will come and meet you at

12:30, but in case you're late please go to the information desk and page me. Please open your private messages inbox and you will find my pager number.

Kitty

Starbucks will be crowded at that time but we will move to the Patient Court (on the 4th floor taking the West elevators).

Momo, I will come and meet you at

12:30, but in case you're late please go to the information desk and page me. Please open your private messages inbox and you will find my pager number.

Kitty

Kitty, I have a midterm today that will go far shorter then I expected so I can join today's session after 12:30. I will do my best to find you in the Patient Court (on the 4th floor taking the West elevators), but if at all possible -- could you send me your pager no. just in case. I don't want to interrupt your session, so I will only use it if necessary...

-polly

Thursday 2pm group:

starbucks in sick kids sounds good.

are people still planning on coming out to the thursday 5:30 session?

Starbucks it is. I will prob bring some work in case we finish early and maybe hang around for the first 90mins of the 5:30 meeting.

what did you think of last week's episode?

i loved it way more than that 3-part episode they did. i don't mean i loved what happened *cringe at izzy and george*

ewwww!!! i definitely don't like izzy and george together! although i don't love cali either....i also dislike burke. but christina is my fave (and unfortunately way too similar to me :eek: ) The new guy is too old but I can definitely see the attraction :o . I always thought I'd hook up with a professor some day....I guess there's still time ;) .

I don't have pvr but i can time shift the show. But it's so much more fun to be able to call someone while you watch to vent!

Wow, for the 11:15 a.m. on Wed group...what an awesome bunch of people you are...I would be more than proud to call any one of you a colleague. I had a wonderful time, I hope you all found the scenarios we did useful! I will take your advice, I have certainly already started thinking about it, and will try not to intimidate my interviewers LOL...would you believe I have my shyness as my greatest weakness??:)

Oh and Kitty, I really think you should consider psychiatry... it's kind of like you're psychic, the depth of character you observe in people!

I was just so impressed, thank YOU!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you.

Momo

momo,

Thank you so much. I want you to know that you contributed a lot to our group. The amount of knowledge that you posses is incredible and personally, I learned so much from you. I really hope that you achieve your endeavour because you are the kind of person that I would like to have as my physician.

As for the rest of the group, I thank you and I wish all of you good luck.

kitty:)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are any earlier practice sessions at Sick Kids on Thursday? If not, how long will the 5:30 pm session last since I have a test at 6 pm and I would like to participate in one of these sessions.

Thanks a lot! :)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are any earlier practice sessions at Sick Kids on Thursday? If not, how long will the 5:30 pm session last since I have a test at 6 pm and I would like to participate in one of these sessions.

Thanks a lot! :)

i think it will depend..i'm sure it will go past 7..but i'm not sure if it will go past 8-8:30..

I wanted to thank all of you for coming out and practicing, giving feedback, sharing information, and supporting each other the last few weeks at the sessions. I especially want to wish those of you that have interviews this week-end (hopeful, kt, peter...) the best of luck. I'm sure that you all learned something important at the sessions as I did, and that you'll be definitely better prepared for the interviews because of them. Best of luck!

I have another week to prep, so please let me know if anyone is interest in having one more session.

Archived