Premed 101 Forums

MMI Practice Sessions?

TBJ1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Kitty! You too!

I will try to make the practice session on thurs as I will be presenting (yikes!) until 5 at MSB. We did find a great area in gerstein's to meet but I don't know if i'd ever be able to find my way back there :o .

kitty- you're my bud on the 25th :) See you there!

Thanks everyone for the great session over the weekend!! :) Everyone seemed to have great arguments for different scenarios- very intelligent people. Hopefully, everything will work out for us all and we will be classmates :)

Eise... is your interview on the 24th?

For everyone coming this Thursday, let's all try to bring some questions (I'd say 5-8) that are similar to the Mac practice questions that we got...and we can discuss answers.

Also, we should think of ideas for debates...because I hear there is a debate section (e.g. two-tier vs. public HC system)...

Hi all,

I wasn't able to make it this last weekend as well. :( I'll try to be there on Thursday. I have never heard of a debate section. Where did you hear this from? I have heard of sections that they watch you work in a group, but a debate ??? Let us know please,

Thank you,

kitty- you're my bud on the 25th :) See you there!

Thanks everyone for the great session over the weekend!! :) Everyone seemed to have great arguments for different scenarios- very intelligent people. Hopefully, everything will work out for us all and we will be classmates :)

KT Dreaming, I'm also glad that we're having our interview on the same day. I look forward to seeing you there. I wish you the best.

I might join the rest of you on Thursday if it is okay.

Kitty

Hi... glad more people are joining!

For the 'debate' I just meant that sometimes you might be in the room with another candidate and you will each have to discuss one side of an issue....I don't think that it will really be a hardcore debate. The interviewer in this case is more of an observer.

I've never done an MMI... this is just what was sugessted to me by someone who did. Someone who has done this can correct me if I'm wrong! :rolleyes:

Hi... glad more people are joining!

For the 'debate' I just meant that sometimes you might be in the room with another candidate and you will each have to discuss one side of an issue....I don't think that it will really be a hardcore debate. The interviewer in this case is more of an observer.

I've been told that they assign each candidate (there's 2 of you in the room) a position to take on an ethical or health care issue and you debate it with each other.

no, the 31st.

It's exactly in the middle, I'd say!! :rolleyes:

If you're coming from the south end, get off at St. Patrick at walk north; if you're coming from the north end, get off at Queen's park and walk south!

I second eise's suggestion. Definitely take the subway...you could even drive to a station that has a parking lot near it (wilson, eglinton west) and then take the subway down! This is the site that tells you where parking is available: http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/parking.htm

it was awesome meeting everyone today! i had a greaaat time, AND the session was super helpful.

i agree with jinny, i have a lot of reading up to do as well.

also, can someone from the second group (sitting farther away from the caf entrance) who has the list of email addresses send them out to everyone on the list? i didn't get a chance to copy the addresses down. thanks!

also, a few of us didn't mind maybe holding another session sometime mid next week. what do you guys think?

it was awesome meeting everyone today! i had a greaaat time, AND the session was super helpful.

i agree with jinny, i have a lot of reading up to do as well.

also, can someone from the second group (sitting farther away from the caf entrance) who has the list of email addresses send them out to everyone on the list? i didn't get a chance to copy the addresses down. thanks!

also, a few of us didn't mind maybe holding another session sometime mid next week. what do you guys think?

I think it's a great idea! Thursday before 5 p.m. works for me. Friday after 6 p.m. works as well.

kitty

Hi all,

I think a lot of people have their interviews next weekend. So how about we schedule another session next Wednesday or Thursday after 5 pm this coming week? We can have a session on both days since we had a large group yesterday.

Fridays after 6 work for me, but this many not be the case for everyone especially those that have their interview on Saturday or Sunday that weekend.

Archived