Premed 101 Forums

MMI Practice Sessions?

TBJ1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to join on Thursday again as well, although I might have something else to attend to which I'm not yet sure about.

Kitty, if you like, we can organize another session on Wednesday. It can be at the same time and location (5pm or a little later at Sickkids). I'm also free from 11-4pm if people are available during that time. Anyone is welcome to come.

I'd love to join on Thursday again as well, although I might have something else to attend to which I'm not yet sure about.

Kitty, if you like, we can organize another session on Wednesday. It can be at the same time and location (5pm or a little later at Sickkids). I'm also free from 11-4pm if people are available during that time. Anyone is welcome to come.

Wednesday between 11-4 works for me. I can meet until 5 pm.

Thanks so much rad86

That's great kitty. If we don't have many people, we can perhaps do a mock interview where we can each get some personal feedback, such as how our responses are perceived.

Btw, where are we meeting on Wednesday? I'll get off class from the medical science building at 11, and so we can either meet in the MSB cafe or the Starbucks at Sickkids at 11:15. Thanks

1. NerdyKilla

2. ice princess

3. KT Dreaming

4. UofTHopeful (7:15 ish)

5. Optimusprim

6. Hopeful123

7. medmo

Hello folks ! Just a quick lill introduction. I'm a nutritionist, graduated last yr and was working / volunteering in India and the middle east. I have the mac interveiw on saturday and meeting up with all you folks before the big day would be awesome ! hope to see you all there

sorry, forgot to add. I'll be landing in Toronto hopefully by wednesday at around 10 pm local time. I havent had the oppurtunity to formally practice in a group so the thursday session seems like a wonderful oppurtunity to hear and contribute !

hope to see you all there

medmo

That's great kitty. If we don't have many people, we can perhaps do a mock interview where we can each get some personal feedback, such as how our responses are perceived.

Btw, where are we meeting on Wednesday? I'll get off class from the medical science building at 11, and so we can either meet in the MSB cafe or the Starbucks at Sickkids at 11:15. Thanks

rad86, I think mock interviewing each other is a great idea. Do you mind meeting at Toronto General Hospital (infront of Starbucks) at 11:15 a.m.? Sickkids is going to be packed during that period of time. I'm thinking that we could go to the Patient Court instead. It's a very nice and quiet place.

Thanks so much.

kitty

Hi Kitty and Rad86!! I've been watching this thread and HOPING there will be a time I can make but it's been tough with work, and school and family...I am wondering if you might be willing to take on a third participant, and I am wondering if we'd be able to meet up a little later in the day? I am coming from St. Catharines, and I didn't think I was free on Wed, but it turns out I am free after about 12:30 noon. Would either one of you be interested in making it a bit later in the day? If not, that's cool, no pressure:) I figure I'd ask!!

Momo

Hey momo, been following your threads on the saskatchewan forum :) Don't know about kitty and rad, but i'm good for 12:30, and figure if we meet earlier, we'll still be there (at least i hope so, i'm sooooo seriously needing the practice).

LOL I KNEW there were others.... :) Yeah no that sounds great!! Hopefully kitty and rad86 might be interested as well... I, like yourself, am not faring well with the family and friends route, although I have been lucky enough to have some of my profs listen to me drone on and on:)

momo, your threads in the saskatchewan forum sure sound like you know what you're talking about thought :) (you sure you still need to practice, you sound pretty profound to me). If nothing else, they've made me do more research :D Looking forward to meeting you, at least i'll know someone in saskatoon now!

:) likewise ccoh - it's nice to know people! I will continue encouraging everyone to do some kind of "boardie" reveal either through dinner on Fri or at the social on Sat... it's nice to put faces to the names, and it gives you a bit of support through this pretty harrowing process!!

I am glad my posts led to increased reserach:D - you've hit on my greatest weakness...my strenght as a communicator has always been the ability to impart information, to teach I guess...I've been very proud of it until I realized that when I answer interview questions I end up 'teaching' and not directly answering the question... and so end up sounding a bit "preachy" i guess...and I totally do NOT mean to sound that way... so my goal is to be more concise without going off on tangents too much. So that's what I am hopng you guys will be able to help me out with:)

Archived