Premed 101 Forums

MMI Practice Sessions?

TBJ1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the weather is pretty bad and classes just got cancelled. I'm at Gerstein already but I don't think you guys should come down here in this weather. What do you guys think of rescheduling for another day...unless ur already here and wanna meet right now

Lemme know

I had a group study area saved and everything...

TypeS: I was also already at Gerstein when I decided that probably no one would come and so I just went home...too bad that we couldn't communicate efficiently over this forum. Perhaps we should set up a msn network?

With regard to rescheduling, I'm available next Tuesday (March 6) before 3pm, and Wednesday (March 7) from 11-4pm. Is everyone okay for sometime during those hours?

Hey guys,

That was some snow storm wasn't it! Anyways, I like some of the posters above also decided not to turn at the last minute...my apologies to anyone I left stranded at gerstein. I am certainly up for rescheduling if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Sure, no prob. As Kitty said, the more the merrier. We are meeting at 2pm on March 10th. I guess we should pick another location though if the Gerstein study rooms are closed. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe MSB although I guess we can't get in without a key on the weekends....

Hi everyone, I'm glad we're getting a bigger group going for March 10!

Eise, what is MSB? And how do we know that Gerstein is closed on that day? I thought it was open on weekends!

We should all try to think up 5 or so MMI-like questions that we can discuss when we meet!

MSB is the Medical Sciences Building. It is right beside Gerstein (directly south). I don't recommend it because you'd probably be sitting in a cafeteria and the building isn't really suited for discussion/studying.

Gerstein is open on the weekends. If we are to get a study room inside Gerstein then someone really should show up a couple of hours early (I'm serious!) and sit there until everyone shows up. Otherwise it will be taken.

Hi Everyone,

At Toronto General Hospital, there is a patient court on the fourth floor with round tables and very comfortable chairs. There are hardly any people there. If we become really desperate, we could just walk over there from Gerstein.

Kitty

:)

So we are meeting at Gerstein at 2pm...

(does anyone know a good meeting spot?)

If there are no study rooms there, we will head over to TGH together.

Seems like there are about 7 or 8 of us.

Maybe we can all look at the sample Qs sent to us in the Mac invite package and think of 5 or so similar ones...? Any other ideas for how to practice?

Maybe we can all look at the sample Qs sent to us in the Mac invite package and think of 5 or so similar ones...? Any other ideas for how to practice?

i will be there as well, saturday @ 2:00!

the study rooms in gerstein are not the greatest...pretty small, sometimes hard to get, and i read somewhere else, under construction? :eek:

i suppose we can relocate from there, if needed. i believe sidney smith patio (indoor) is open on saturdays. its nice, big and open.

if people could bring a list of ethical questions/scenarios that would be good too...or maybe a list of controversial topics in healthcare we could discuss as a group, if its 7-8 people.

i believe there is a debate section in the MMI? maybe we could break off into two smaller groups and do pros/cons. that kind of stuff.

i'm just throwing out suggestions, but, i'm open to anything. i think its best to come with something! so we aren't just sitting there :P

btw, the best meeting spot for gerstein is the LOBBY (right above or below the stairs, you can't miss it). its before you enter the actual library.

gerstein also has a cafeteria (below lobby level). so worst comes to worst, we can work there. but the tables are small, and again, no idea how crowded it will be on a saturday.

anyone else know if sid smith patio is open saturdays?

I think it's a great idea

btw, the best meeting spot for gerstein is the LOBBY (right above or below the stairs, you can't miss it). its before you enter the actual library.

gerstein also has a cafeteria (below lobby level). so worst comes to worst, we can work there. but the tables are small, and again, no idea how crowded it will be on a saturday.

anyone else know if sid smith patio is open saturdays?

What is sid smith patio? Hospitals are pretty good for gathering because they are usually dead on weekends and most have large cafeterias or meeting rooms.

Hi all...nice to see that people are getting together to practice for the MMI format. I am in Vancouver but I was wondering if there were any other Mac interviewees out here that might want to get together and practice...I guessing there aren't too many but thought I'd give it a shot.

So it seems there'll be a big gathering on March 10, but because I always work on weekends and won't be able to make it, I'm wondering if there's anyone who would like to meet up for some practice sometime during the weekdays? Any of you folks meeting this Saturday who wants another session of extra practice are also welcome to join. It'll be in Gerstein or somewhere close in that area.

Thanks for organizing a practice session for the MMI. I'd like to join. My friend went through a 'group debate' component at Mac and told me that this kind of practice would have been really helpful.

So, should we say the lobby of Gerstein at 2pm on March 10th? Even if Gerstein's group study rooms are all taken (I'll go upstairs now and see if I can book them), Sid. Smith could work, or even Robarts around the cafeteria (they recently doubled the seating in that public space).

I'll bring several ethical questions/scenarios as uofthopeful07 suggested, and try to find out which topics they may use for a group debate.

See you then!

Archived