Premed 101 Forums

Official U of T - Interview Thread

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think this personality test seems unecessary, an interview seems to assess the personality qualities of the individual pretty good and it really makes it tougher on oop applicants who now would have to travel there when they could have just forwarded other interview scores if they wanted to

Anyone want to share their stats?? Maybe it'll give everyone an idea of the competition ahead?? Kinda like a heads up for the interview??

I'll start...

I'm a 4th year undergrad. This is my 2nd time applying to UofT - interviewed and waitlisted last year.

Best 2 years 3.92 GPA. DAT - 21 AA, 18 PAT.

Hey,

The average GPA was 3.88/4.0 and the average DAT scores were 21 on the Academic Average section and 19 on the Perceptual Ability section.

huh????

wherd you get those numbers from?????

my stats:

GPA: 3.72 (u of t weighted)

DAT: AA 19. PAT 15

GPA 3.85

AA 19 PAT 19

I was rejected preinterview last year - the stats for people being interviewed were presented in the rejection letter as a basis for self comparison ... I would assume the same is true for this year's application cycle so I think that's where they got the stats from.

I was rejected preinterview last year - the stats for people being interviewed were presented in the rejection letter as a basis for self comparison ... I would assume the same is true for this year's application cycle so I think that's where they got the stats from.

yea...3.88, 21, 19....RIDICOLOUS

less hope some peeps are gonna move on into medicine and other schools

I would assume that those stats will be similar to the averages of the matriculating class. The only thing you or I can control is our own destinies by smoking the interviews. Kill the interview and you should be accepted.

couldn't agree more, g'luck in your preparation laxman

Hello future dental students,

First of all CONGRATS to everyone, you guys have impressed them with your numbers from here in its 100% all interview that will make the difference. SOme 1 with mid 3.7's and can smoke the interview will definietly get in in front of a 4.00 hot shot with average interview! SO #'s have little to no meaning at this stage.

All you have to do now is relax, go in there and be yourself, I look forward to meeting all of you at the end of this month. Once again congrats you guys.

:)

huh????

wherd you get those numbers from?????

my stats:

GPA: 3.72 (u of t weighted)

DAT: AA 19. PAT 15

Haha, ya it's from the rejection letter.

You are lucky~ I have stats higher than you, but somehow they didn't pick me.

Haha, ya it's from the rejection letter.

You are lucky~ I have stats higher than you, but somehow they didn't pick me.

i see

im sorry to hear you didn't get one

i wish you good luck in other applications and any in the future

stay motivated and be positive

i see

im sorry to hear you didn't get one

i wish you good luck in other applications and any in the future

stay motivated and be positive

Hey it's ok~

I try to think it in a positive way. At least I'm not planning to give up after just this first try. =) (I needed a reason to go to US anyways!)

I wish you luck too! :D

Anyone want to share their stats?? Maybe it'll give everyone an idea of the competition ahead?? Kinda like a heads up for the interview??

I'll start...

I'm a 4th year undergrad. This is my 2nd time applying to UofT - interviewed and waitlisted last year.

Best 2 years 3.92 GPA. DAT - 21 AA, 18 PAT.

UofT looks at your top 3 years (that is, they drop you lowest year, not including your final year) right??

yea, im not sure how floss came to that calculation....

if he's in fourth year, is his lowest year dropped??? how can that be....they've sent interview invites already and they dont have all of his fourth year marks...this would mean, they dont look at his fourth year as well as his lowest year dropped?????

if that's the case...wow, thats some advantage...

yea, im not sure how floss came to that calculation....

if he's in fourth year, is his lowest year dropped??? how can that be....they've sent interview invites already and they dont have all of his fourth year marks...this would mean, they dont look at his fourth year as well as his lowest year dropped?????

if that's the case...wow, thats some advantage...

that would be awesome lol

UofT says they'll drop your worst year if you've completed 4 years, I'm not exactly sure what they mean by "completed" does it mean that you're in the process of completing it or you already have completed the four years?

Archived