The Official August/September Registration Thread

The Law

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got this from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend

Subject: MCAT Registration Chaos

Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:02:05 -0400

You’re probably at your computer right now trying to register for the MCAT, and you’re probably feeling the pain!

It is chaos this morning. For what it’s worth, we haven’t heard from anyone who has gotten a seat.

The AAMC site is sometimes saying “no seats available”, sometimes “site down for maintenance”. We’ve been trying to call AAMC and, like many of our students, we’re on hold! (Their number again is 202-828-0690, and they don’t have an 800 number).

At this point, it is likely that there ARE seats available and the issue is technical. They haven’t been prepared in many ways so this is probably just another example.

This did happen once earlier in the year and several DAYS later AAMC put up a notice that seats were still available but they were having a technical glitch that often gave an incorrect “no seats available” message and that students should “just keep trying”!

We will let you know as soon as we can find out anything from AAMC or hear anything from any students that’s worth sharing.

At this time, our best advice is to keep trying!

Sincerely,

The Staff at The Princeton Review

why can't it be like the GRE write it whenever you want -_- and get marks back pretty quickly. (from what I've been told)

Just got off the phone again. They said check the main page, (on a different browser) if you can't log in, the servers are still down.

Those of us who are logged in won't find anything anywhere, because it's not conneting to ANY database =/ wierd?

Oh and I got "it'll be back sometime TODAY", not sure when though, their old ETA was for well a few min ago...but it's still not up for them either.

If any good can come from this flaming pile is BS it is that maybe Canadian med schools will realise what a joke this procedure is and drop the MCAT and go the way of McMaster etc.

Last year = they timed the MCAT wrong in toronto and we lost a bunch on min

This year = can't sign up for it in anything even approching a civilized manner.

For an association repersenting so many med schools it is a disgrace that these ppl don't have this worked out to percision. If they can't do it right, then they should never have left the ol' but sensable paper MCAT. What a joke...

After all, if our organizational abilities were as crap as the AAMC we would never get into med school. I think it is only fair that the AAMC shows us the students what they in general demand from us.

talked to my father who is a software developer, and he said that aamc is so joshing everyone. there is not way they can fix this in "an hour" the way they're saying. it will most likely take them a few hours to sort out the problems (or at least until most ppl get off the website). :mad:

If any good can come from this flaming pile is BS it is that maybe Canadian med schools will realise what a joke this procedure is and drop the MCAT and go the way of McMaster etc.

Last year = they timed the MCAT wrong in toronto and we lost a bunch on min

This year = can't sign up for it in anything even approching a civilized manner.

For an association repersenting so many med schools it is a disgrace that these ppl don't have this worked out to percision. If they can't do it right, then they should never have left the ol' but sensable paper MCAT. What a joke...

After all, if our organizational abilities were as crap as the AAMC we would never get into med school. I think it is only fair that the AAMC shows us the students what they in general demand from us.

I can't do that...I decided to go into medicine late...so my GPA isn't the greatest =/ so the MCAT is the only real place I can show I can shine in terms of academia, unless if they only look at the last 2 years of my transcript which have been amazing...but not full time because I cannot manage work and school at the same time and I need to work to well live.

I'm not too sure if the aamc is run by MDs...but if it is, we've learned one thing today...MDs may be good at saving lives...but when it comes to managing databases, software, and websites...look else where :P

Easier maybe... If you can get yourself a seat. The MCAT is so random, everything from signing up to the questions you get to the enviroment you write in.

If four years of pre-med pre-reqs on a provinicaly scaled GPA can't show you can take a med school academic demdands then nothing will.

MCAT = one day evaluation of your abilities

GPA = two to four years evaluation of your abilities

If I was hiring ppl then the four year history is way more important to me than a one day achievement.

But I hear ya if you don't like your GPA and need the MCAT. We all have bias considering our personal circumstances etc.

But whatever, nothing we can do about it. Right? I was just giving me clicking finger some rest... Now back to cicking like a brainless zombie.

Archived