Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist movement period OOP

Thats so good to hear the emphasis on A LOT. Just wish it would pick up speed somehow.. its been a while now since the first offers.

Haha i see we have quite the nice call rotation developing. I've counted about 6 of us on this board on the waitlist. Is it really as short as people are saying (40-50 people)?

I am so nervous waiting! I feel like I have a good chance but I am so antsy to have a concrete plan for next year. Manitoba is really my only choice (waiting on Calgary too, but Winnipeg is my partner's top choice for his schooling). What about you guys?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting on Dalhousie and Manitoba. While they're both great schools, Manitoba is the first choice at the moment.

I really liked Winnipeg during my stay there, and my friends are grappling with the idea of someone "wanting" to go to Winter-peg, but I tell them Winnipeg's a great place. Anyone else share the same story?

I think it's your turn to call moose. ;) Ask if it's moving today. She really didnt seem to mind that I called and she said that I could call to check in periodically.

I went the cheapo route and emailed her instead of calling LD and she told me to wait till near the end of June to ask about movement!!

Yep, Manitoba is my first choice as well - mostly b/c it's either this school and Queens. I don't think I have a realistic shot at Queens but if I had the choice, I'd still choose Manitoba b/c of it's true p/f grading system - it also has departments in every specialty whereas Queens does not.

Anyway, I'll volunteer to call after lth does!

Also, I thought that people had to respond by the 30th of May??? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I guess these due dates really are flexible!!

hey Ith, whenever you do call, here are a few potential things to ask:

1) how short is the waitlist now (after some waitlisters have said no I assume and after some offer guys have said no)

2) is it possible to know how many spots are remaining?

3) how long do people have to respond?

4) is the waitlist movement henceforth a rolling process?

i know none of these questions will make any difference to our fate of getting in, however, at least it could ease some anxiety by knowing figures. also, how does a thursday phone call sound?

hey Ith, whenever you do call, here are a few potential things to ask:

1) how short is the waitlist now (after some waitlisters have said no I assume and after some offer guys have said no)

2) is it possible to know how many spots are remaining?

3) how long do people have to respond?

4) is the waitlist movement henceforth a rolling process?

i know none of these questions will make any difference to our fate of getting in, however, at least it could ease some anxiety by knowing figures. also, how does a thursday phone call sound?

give it till friday...btw, i can't believe schools are so lax about their deadlines for responses!! hey moose, ru from ON? I'm just wondering, b/c i've noticed that for schools like MUN, Dal, and Mantioba - they receive more applicants from OOP than they do IP! Yet of course, 90% of their seats are reserved for IP. This is besides the pt, my point is - i have a hunch that most OOP applicants are from ON...anybody else wanna comment?

im from bc as well (i think my name makes it pretty obvious lol)

but i do agree about the waitlist movement. i thought it would be moving a lot faster esp since beth said that they send out offers as soon as ppl start declining. oh well :(

I just received my notification of acceptance off of the waitlist. I am turning it down in favor of UofA, though, so the waitlist will be moving up one. I am OOP (albertan) btw. Goodluck everyone!

i think i wrote my stats in the sticky thread if you're curious.

Moose officially checks this forum more than I do.. it's close though. (I work 8-4 in front of a computer...)

Waiting sucks.

While we're waiting, let me tell you all the coolest thing about Winnipeg. The ZOO! I went there and was entertained for at least 3 hours, even in the winter, and admission was only like $4 or $5. There is also a fantastic huge park surrounding the zoo and I want to get into U of M so I can live right across the street and get a dog and go walking with him in the park.

ok. do you think someone should call if we still have hope? its been 2 days since I called on Tuesday. I know we agreed for tomorrow..but ah. tomorrow is way too far!

I think you still have LOTS of hope. On last year's thread, the OOP waitlist was still moving towards the end of July!

Dr. Gecko: I love that area! The big park (Assiniboine park -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assiniboine_Park) is even lovelier in the summer. It's a great Canada day spot (although last year I did the Osbourne village thing to take advantage of 50% off sales!). I'm currently keeping my eyes peeled for condos in the area!

Archived